+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Decide the plan with me?

Hi all.

This is Mohammad. I am a hair loss sufferer as most of you here. I registered before doing any move to have an advice from experts in this field. I visited some Drs in my country which I didn't feel that they are being honest with their answers, the plan was traveling abroad for a HT but still I was hoping for a good dr in my country to enlighten me.

I noticed that I have a thin hairline from my teen age around 18. On 23 the crown area was obvious and I almost did a HT. Tried fin and gave me side effects in my sexual life that took me months to be clear from mentally and physically. Thank god am clear from it now and I decided to not opt for the pills anymore. With the help of hairdresser who introduced me to toppik I was able to use it on daily basis and so far am happy with the result.

Now am 29 and I don't want to use concealers. I want to cut my hair shorter and feel natural, glad that I didn't do a HT before 5 years as now i noticed the thinking reached wider area. Here is pics of my current situation :

http://share.pho.to/A4o6O

And here is pics of my daily routine after using topic + my dad hairline he's 62 now:

http://share.pho.to/A4o7G

When I was 23 my mentality was to have a HT and I will have dense hair forever, and I was going to choose the cheaper options available. Now I read more about this and my financial life is much better as I can opt for the best only.

I want your genuine thoughts about :

1- should i opt for HT now? how does my donor area looks like? I don't want to look silly on my 50s or so if more original hair falled and I don't have more donor hairs for other Transplants.

2- in the last 5 years I used to put little wax along with topik, sleep overnight and wash with normal shampoos like head and shoulders, I want to take care of it now What are best options for scalp which kind of shampoo should I use? oils before sleeping etc?? will it make a difference?

3- Low level lazer therapies, Igrow later will it make a difference?

4- After HT how soon I can wear a hat or use toppik again? with my hair style as above photos am i a good candidate for HT without shaving?

5- What will be your plan if your in my shoes?( Without fin,minor etc... )

Sorry if am not being clear in any part as english is not my first language, I am no expert in online search and forum using but anyone who reply kindly note that your opinion will be taken very seriously and will help me in this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by powerguy2012 View Post
    Hi all.

This is Mohammad. I am a hair loss sufferer as most of you here. I registered before doing any move to have an advice from experts in this field. I visited some Drs in my country which I didn't feel that they are being honest with their answers, the plan was traveling abroad for a HT but still I was hoping for a good dr in my country to enlighten me.

I noticed that I have a thin hairline from my teen age around 18. On 23 the crown area was obvious and I almost did a HT. Tried fin and gave me side effects in my sexual life that took me months to be clear from mentally and physically. Thank god am clear from it now and I decided to not opt for the pills anymore. With the help of hairdresser who introduced me to toppik I was able to use it on daily basis and so far am happy with the result.

Now am 29 and I don't want to use concealers. I want to cut my hair shorter and feel natural, glad that I didn't do a HT before 5 years as now i noticed the thinking reached wider area. Here is pics of my current situation :

http://share.pho.to/A4o6O

And here is pics of my daily routine after using topic + my dad hairline he's 62 now:

http://share.pho.to/A4o7G

When I was 23 my mentality was to have a HT and I will have dense hair forever, and I was going to choose the cheaper options available. Now I read more about this and my financial life is much better as I can opt for the best only.

I want your genuine thoughts about :

1- should i opt for HT now? how does my donor area looks like? I don't want to look silly on my 50s or so if more original hair falled and I don't have more donor hairs for other Transplants.

2- in the last 5 years I used to put little wax along with topik, sleep overnight and wash with normal shampoos like head and shoulders, I want to take care of it now What are best options for scalp which kind of shampoo should I use? oils before sleeping etc?? will it make a difference?

3- Low level lazer therapies, Igrow later will it make a difference?

4- After HT how soon I can wear a hat or use toppik again? with my hair style as above photos am i a good candidate for HT without shaving?

5- What will be your plan if your in my shoes?( Without fin,minor etc... )

Sorry if am not being clear in any part as english is not my first language, I am no expert in online search and forum using but anyone who reply kindly note that your opinion will be taken very seriously and will help me in this decision.
    1) Get an HT now?!?! - I don't know who would accept you, but if you feel like ruining your life really quick, give Bosley a call.
    2) No
    3) No
    4) Yes, after you destroy your life, you will be forced to wear a hat 24/7 in fear of being humiliated by the public
    5) You have a full head of hair. Go have fun. If you're thinning, you have finasteride and minox, that's it.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET A HAIR TRANSPLANT.

Use finasteride and stay on it. Start with a low dose like .5mg twice a week. Spread the 2 doses apart like on Monday and Thursday. If your body is ok with that for a month then move up to .5mg every monday, wednesday and friday. If you're still ok with no sexual side effects after another month or 2 then try 1mg every Monday, Wed and Fri. Stay on that dose for 2 months and then see if you want to go to 1mg every day. If not then 3 times a week is fine.

Stop using head and shoulders and use a more gentle shampoo. Maybe take a little biotin. You don't need oils or lasers or anything else. If you can stay on finasteride for 2 years you won't even want a hair transplant. You might be able to postpone a transplant for 10 years or more.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliD View Post
    Use finasteride and stay on it. Start with a low dose like .5mg twice a week. Spread the 2 doses apart like on Monday and Thursday. If your body is ok with that for a month then move up to .5mg every monday, wednesday and friday. If you're still ok with no sexual side effects after another month or 2 then try 1mg every Monday, Wed and Fri. Stay on that dose for 2 months and then see if you want to go to 1mg every day. If not then 3 times a week is fine.

Stop using head and shoulders and use a more gentle shampoo. Maybe take a little biotin. You don't need oils or lasers or anything else. If you can stay on finasteride for 2 years you won't even want a hair transplant. You might be able to postpone a transplant for 10 years or more.
    Thanks for your Reply Calid really appreciate, The dr gave me lowest possible dose of fin when I told him about the hard side he stopped it for some times and then started once a week only and still I had the same side. Fin unfortunately is not an option for me at the moment.

What else can I do? Should I just stay on toppik? go for a HT if I have enough donor hair for future Hts?

Finally can you recommend a good shampoo for hair care routine as I read so many options of organic shampoos oils etc.. I don't know what will work.

I heard also that garlic do miracles?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    1) Get an HT now?!?! - I don't know who would accept you, but if you feel like ruining your life really quick, give Bosley a call.
    2) No
    3) No
    4) Yes, after you destroy your life, you will be forced to wear a hat 24/7 in fear of being humiliated by the public
    5) You have a full head of hair. Go have fun. If you're thinning, you have finasteride and minox, that's it.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET A HAIR TRANSPLANT.
    Thanks for your kind reply really appreciate, kindly let me know the reason? why will it ruins my life? The photos just don't show how my hair loss is and I can't use Fin? So what are my options? living with toppik is better than HT? I want to have a shorter hair without worrying about the thin hair line

Any expert advices will be appreciated.

note that I can't use fin due to strong side effect on me.

What country are you in?

I don't think a hair transplant is the best option for you at this point because you aren't stopping the existing progression. What James means by this potentially ruining your life is that your continued hair loss means that you will have more surgeries to compensate for the continued loss. This is not the way one should plan their hair restoration as each procedure becomes a temporary band aid instead of a long lasting solution. At best, it will cost you many thousands of dollars that you may or may not have at the time of need. At worst, the work may wind up looking bad as your loss continues (for a number of reasons) and you may not have the funds to correct it.

If you cannot take finasteride you should look into PRP therapy with a respected clinic that has lots of experience and verifiable results. I wasn't a fan of PRP for a very long time but I've been seeing compelling evidence for it's efficacy in the past year. It may help some of your miniaturized hairs to rebound but not to the point that your crown will fill in so look at it as a potential finasteride replacement. You can also add a shampoo such as Nizoral with 2% ketoconazole a few times a week and do everything you can to eat at cleanly as possible. Cut sugar from your diet as if your life depended on it, avoid hormone and anti-biotic fed meats and eat lots of green vegetables. Consider adding Biotin as CaliD suggested as well as MSM (mineral tablets, look it up).

One final possibility is to try tricopigmentation with a Beauty Medical trained clinic. This would work best for the shaved effect so you could transition to a shaved head and use tricopigmentation to fill in the balding areas. You would essentially look like you have a completely full head of hair that is merely shaved. The procedure would be ideal in fact as patients with your degree of loss respond best to the treatment.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors