+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 1 month on minoxidil

I am using regaine 5% liquid (minoxidil) since 18 February for frontal thinning and hair loss around temples. But my frontal hair is getting worse day by day. I shedding around 90 to 100 hairs: 25 + hair on pillows while other on showering and combing.is there any one whose frontal hair density got better while using it or is there is anyone whose hair had got worst while using minox???.how many months it take to get a positive result?is it effective to apply minox on frontal hair loss????should I continue using it or should I stop???pls guys reply to my thread , eagerly waiting for Ur reply guys....... by the way I am 21 years old and also taking multivitamins and biotin 5mg for my hair............... hair loss sucks........

Normal reaction dude. Fina + minoxidil give huge shedding a first weeks. Had the same .. After 3 months most lost hairs recover slightly thinker.. Hope it helps

1 month in is too early to tell. Shedding is a common side effect of starting any hair loss treatment especially minoxidil !

This will hopefully help !

Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    1 month in is too early to tell. Shedding is a common side effect of starting any hair loss treatment especially minoxidil !

This will hopefully help !

Great video Spex!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    Normal reaction dude. Fina + minoxidil give huge shedding a first weeks. Had the same .. After 3 months most lost hairs recover slightly thinker.. Hope it helps
    I'm actually in the same boat myself, except I'm a little over the 3 month mark at this point. I can't seem to say that Min has helped me at all, in fact I'd say quite the opposite. The front of my hair looks even worse than when I first started. I can't even hide how thin my front is now! :/

Iron based on your reply, you say that after 3 months most lost hairs recover slightly thicker, are you speaking from experience???

Quote Originally Posted by Balding Bad View Post
    I'm actually in the same boat myself, except I'm a little over the 3 month mark at this point. I can't seem to say that Min has helped me at all, in fact I'd say quite the opposite. The front of my hair looks even worse than when I first started. I can't even hide how thin my front is now! :/

Iron based on your reply, you say that after 3 months most lost hairs recover slightly thicker, are you speaking from experience???
    how many hairs do u shed balding bad???and wat other things are u taking with minoxidil??? wat is Ur age???

Quote Originally Posted by alam962 View Post
    how many hairs do u shed balding bad???and wat other things are u taking with minoxidil??? wat is Ur age???
    In total, I would say I shed approx. 60-70 hairs a day? That's just a rough estimate. I count every strand of hair I lose in the shower and I always shower twice a day, for a combined total of about 50 hairs lost from both showers. And then I'd imagine I lose about 10-20 strands of hair throughout the day.

The only thing I am currently using is Minoxidil, which I use twice daily. Other than that I do use RegenePure DR shampoo twice a week. I started that shampoo approximately the same time I started with Min.

And finally I'm 28 years old.

So with all this information, what do you make of my situation? Just going through the phase of shedding before my ultimate thick regrowth? Or am I just unsuitable for Min and should probably quit now instead of trying a 4th month on it?

In total, I would say I shed approx. 60-70 hairs a day? That's just a rough estimate. I count every strand of hair I lose in the shower and I always shower twice a day, for a combined total of about 50 hairs lost from both showers. And then I'd imagine I lose about 10-20 strands of hair throughout the day.

The only thing I am currently using is Minoxidil, which I use twice daily. Other than that I do use RegenePure DR shampoo twice a week. I started that shampoo approximately the same time I started with Min.

And finally I'm 28 years old.

So with all this information, what do you make of my situation? Just going through the phase of shedding before my ultimate thick regrowth? Or am I just unsuitable for Min and should probably quit now instead of trying a 4th month on it?
    60 to 70 hair fall is quiet normal........... I think u should give it another 2 months.......

Quote Originally Posted by alam962 View Post
    60 to 70 hair fall is quiet normal........... I think u should give it another 2 months.......
    May I ask, are you or were you on Min yourself? Otherwise I'm curious why you're recommending another 2 months?

May I ask, are you or were you on Min yourself? Otherwise I'm curious why you're recommending another 2 months?
    my dermatologist prescribed me minoxidil , and he told me to give it at least 6 months to see if its working or not.....