+ Reply to Thread

Default Shedding from "TE associated with AGA"

Hello,

- In early January I did a trichogram which showed that I had 50 to 70% of hairs in telogen phase in addition to an inhomogeneous miniaturization in frontal area and vertex. So, telogen effluvium associated with androgenetic alopecia.
    I still do not know if the TE is included in the AGA (so it would be very agressive?) or if it could be linked to another cause.
    Does those hairs might not regrow without going through miniaturization phase (some seems pretty normal...)?

- I started Fin. 70 days ago but I have wait to begin Minox. because of a surgery originally scheduled for early February (which has been postponed).

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...not?highlight=

So, is there a time limit of "recently fallen" hairs that Minoxidil could bring back? I had acceptable density in November but today I need regrowth...

Because hairloss is not stopped and my vertex/mid-scalp get worse, I wonder again if I would have less to lose to start minoxidil now.

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by razelschnaps View Post
    Hello,

- In early January I did a trichogram which showed that I had 50 to 70% of hairs in telogen phase in addition to an inhomogeneous miniaturization in frontal area and vertex. So, telogen effluvium associated with androgenetic alopecia.
    I still do not know if the TE is included in the AGA (so it would be very agressive?) or if it could be linked to another cause.
    Does those hairs might not regrow without going through miniaturization phase (some seems pretty normal...)?

- I started Fin. 70 days ago but I have wait to begin Minox. because of a surgery originally scheduled for early February (which has been postponed).

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...not?highlight=

So, is there a time limit of "recently fallen" hairs that Minoxidil could bring back? I had acceptable density in November but today I need regrowth...

Because hairloss is not stopped and my vertex/mid-scalp get worse, I wonder again if I would have less to lose to start minoxidil now.

Bye
    You should definitely be on minoxidil and finasteride. Minoxidil in this scenario is just as important. 50-70% is a really high telogen to anagen ration. Normally, you should have 10-20%. You definitely have telogen effluvium. Minoxidil will work to cycle your hair, so that after some time, you have more hair in anagen. But, nothing will stop TE. It just runs it's course on it's own. Do you know what triggered the TE?

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I know that minoxidil is important in my case to "synchronise" hairs cycles (I don't even know if fin. works on me..) but I also don't know if I can begin now because of a surgery perhaps in april (= interrupt minox at the very beginning)

I don't know what triggered TE (I can see plenty of probable causes) but I fear that it is a burst of AGA.
    Initial shedding with minox is due to a sudden increase of the hair shaft diameter forcing the hair to fall to handle the new size.
    This may be a reverse phenomenon of minox shedding which occurs when a large amount of follicles are getting miniaturized suddenly, the existing hair can not handle the difference in diameter and therefore fall to regrow (if regrow) much thinner and you have a TE related to AGA.
    I hope I'm wrong and that is just a TE not linked with my AGA.

I have already lost 4 month of minox, I hope that the follicles are not become dormant forever because of that.