+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Is this normal? Wet/shampoo hair spiked up under camera flash.

I was taking pictures of my hair when it was wet under strong bathroom light and camera flash. Whenever I spike my hair up and take a birds eye view picture of my hair it looks kind of bad. Is it normal for hair to look like this when wet and spiked up?

Every picture here my hair is wet and spiked, some pictures I still have shampoo in :P

The last picture my hair is wet but I haven't spiked it up and you can only see scalp at my double crown where the hair is spiking up. (Looks normal)

I went to the doctors and he told me that there is no way that I'm thinning from what he can see.

Quote Originally Posted by sergfuller View Post
    I was taking pictures of my hair when it was wet under strong bathroom light and camera flash. Whenever I spike my hair up and take a birds eye view picture of my hair it looks kind of bad. Is it normal for hair to look like this when wet and spiked up?

Every picture here my hair is wet and spiked, some pictures I still have shampoo in :P

The last picture my hair is wet but I haven't spiked it up and you can only see scalp at my double crown where the hair is spiking up. (Looks normal)

I went to the doctors and he told me that there is no way that I'm thinning from what he can see.
    you are definitely thinning my friend. You have a clear MPB pattern forming. You're doctor sounds like an idiot, get a new one. Go see a dermatologist.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    you are definitely thinning my friend. You have a clear MPB pattern forming. You're doctor sounds like an idiot, get a new one. Go see a dermatologist.
    Where's the MPB pattern, what does it look like? It's pretty ignorant to call a doctor an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by sergfuller View Post
    Where's the MPB pattern, what does it look like? It's pretty ignorant to call a doctor an idiot.
    it's not ignorant my friend, it's just a basic observation. Even with your hair completely dry, you have a definitive bald patch forming in the crown. If a doctor cannot spot that, or even look through you hair to see it's becoming diffuse, then yes, he / she is probably an idiot. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    it's not ignorant my friend, it's just a basic observation. Even with your hair completely dry, you have a definitive bald patch forming in the crown. If a doctor cannot spot that, or even look through you hair to see it's becoming diffuse, then yes, he / she is probably an idiot. lol
    Well he's bald himself and a dermatologist. He says I have a double crown and when hair is wet and spiked it will seem like there's less hair when taken with flash on a camera. My hair has been like this for years and I haven't noticed any change, I just find it all interesting especially with these forums :P I haven't taken a picture with my hair completely dry, they're all wet.

Here is my hair completely dry.