+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia journey

Ive been roaming around here for the past couple of months and have finnaly decided to start my own thread, even if just for my own sanity !!

Noticed hair loss about 6 months ago and had this itch on my scalp all day (very annoying). Decided to put my big boy boots on and head to the dermatologist. Long story short was prescribed "finpecia" and the following day of took my first pill. After curiosity got the better of me I did some "research" and ended up stopping after just 4 days due to the the thought of forever having a piece of flesh that I used to call my penis attached to me.

About 4 months later the itch was really irritating me and I decided to try the pills and if any sides developed I would just stop.

After my first month of popping the pills my dermatologist changed me from finpecia to propecia due to suppliers changing. (Not sure if this makes any difference). No sides that I can notice maybe a bit less libido and watery semen, apart from that nothing which I have noticed. (All that worrying for nothing, eh ?).

3 weeks into treatment I began to shed hairs like crazy. 40 + in the shower, 5 + everytimr I run my hands through my hair and my pillow looks like a graveyard for my hairs ! RIP. Throughout the day my shirt will be covered in hairs which is pretty scary.

Been like this for about 3 weeks and I'm now doubting the medication. Go figure !!!
    Hair is noticeably worse and not sure how long to wait it out or just stop all together. Any advice would be much appreciated. Will keep this post alive regardless of my outcome so future propecia users can see the outcome, be it bad or good.

Will attach some photos when I figure out how to haha

It takes a long time to see any results, it took like 7-8 months for me. The only times I thought I had sides was when I was stressed about sides, other than that its been great. Ive seen noticeable growth even while shedding for the first year. Save your hair, if the sides become too much to deal with then stop treatment, don't listen to people who took it twice then were permanently impotent because its not true.

Especially if youre just noticing hairloss, Id give anything to be able to go back and prevent all this loss. If you stop it now then you'll probably be all set until a cure comes about.

If your peckers still rising then keep on them. Shedding is normal. Better than being a balding creep

I'll keep on it and hopefully the dread shed will stop or slow down soon ! That annoying itch is about 90 % gone which is amazing.

Will keep you updated on my results, cheers for the advice.

Unfortunately got a kidney infection today so will be taking antibiotics ! Can i still take my ftrusty friend propecia? Or should I stop for a few days. No doubt they are not related just bad luck. Sigh