+ Reply to Thread

Default I am at a complete loss of what to do anymore and need help

I have come to the bitter crossroads of quitting fin and balding or staying on it with sides. I don't have the worst sides, but I feel they are there. My sex drive feels especially low for a 25 year old and my ability to attract the opposite sex feels nonexistent. I have insufferable bouts of anxiety that add to this sense of failure in my romantic life, or lackthereof. On the other side, I can quit fin and start receding again which exacerbates anxiety in a different way. I've always been told I don't look good with short hair by lots of people so shaving my head terrifies me. I truly don't know what to do anymore. I've taken the drug for four years and have gotten nowhere in my romantic life during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by JSmyth View Post
    I have come to the bitter crossroads of quitting fin and balding or staying on it with sides. I don't have the worst sides, but I feel they are there. My sex drive feels especially low for a 25 year old and my ability to attract the opposite sex feels nonexistent. I have insufferable bouts of anxiety that add to this sense of failure in my romantic life, or lackthereof. On the other side, I can quit fin and start receding again which exacerbates anxiety in a different way. I've always been told I don't look good with short hair by lots of people so shaving my head terrifies me. I truly don't know what to do anymore. I've taken the drug for four years and have gotten nowhere in my romantic life during that time.
    I know it sucks man, you're not alone. Balding has recently destroyed my love life and I hate this. Fin just made things a lot worst for me... you can try RU, or DUT.. other than that, there's really nothing

Not trying to fear-monger at all here, but if your sides are that bad at 4 years of use, I wouldn't continue to take the drug. In my opinion, (and that's all it is, an opinion, everyone has one) that's what ends up causing more persistent sides after quitting the drug.

Yeah, if you're concerned to the point where it's causing this kind of anxiety, I would personally recommend trying RU or something. It works for SOME people and in my personal views, the sides are much less prevalent. When I cam off of fin I started feeling better immediately - physically that is, my mind is beyond any point of repair. lol

Do you have any pictures of your hair?? perhaps that may assist us in helping in one way or another. Please, hang in there brother and know you're not alone. AGA truly is a mind CRIPPLING affliction for some of us. The world does not recognize this, but it's true. We need more awareness of this. I have been through a LOT in my life... not one thing was as difficult as this horrible, uncontrollable, slowly progressing disease.

I have some photos in earlier posts. Honestly my hairloss doesnt look too bad but that is more credit to fin working. Right when I noticed the hairloss it was moving quick until I got on fin. I know the right thing to do is quit, but I'm actually terrified of the idea of losing my youth at such a rapid pace. Am I right that it won't be a gradual process if I quit, but that everything I've held on to be gone in months?

Why so black and white. Try using fin 2x or 3x a week, it might help lower your sides.

If you are going to quit, then try 0.5 mg 2x a week M-F and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Why so black and white. Try using fin 2x or 3x a week, it might help lower your sides.

If you are going to quit, then try 0.5 mg 2x a week M-F and see if that helps.
    I am currently using 0.25mg daily

Try 3x a week mwf 0.5mg, it should give similar hair results but with maybe less sides.

You could try 2x a week mf 0.5mg and see if that helps.

I also have sides, it does work but I live with lower sex drive.
    I can relate, that the interest in the opposite sex is not really present and I do not get aroused enough to really put any real effort to seduce a female. Sometimes I see them as mostly time wasters and that I should use my time on more important matters.