+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Do you think I have TE or MPB?

Hello all,

My name is Chris and I am going through a very hard period of time. I am 19 years old and have lost a good amount of hair within the past 5 months. The shedding started late September, and really took effect in October. I've never had problems with hair- I was known for my "fur cap" because my hair was so incredibly dense and curly. I noticed a good amount of hair coming out in the shower and didn't think much of it. Until I noticed my right temple started receding a bit and that's where everything went down hill. Since then my other temple has started to recede and my top has lost a LOT of density (compared to what it used to be). But my sides and back have also started to have less density, as well as my eye brows. It's been very weird. I grew my hair out so it wasn't super noticeable when I went to derm to check it out. She made me do blood work, but everything in that department was fine. She told me to go on Propecia (which I started last month). However, when I cut my hair short and saw the sides she said that I may have TE (because of the hair loss on sides/back). I also had a huge stress trigger at the time period when my hair first started shedding. I left home for college and it was a very stressful adaption to say the least. Let me know what you guys think. Also, if you do think it is TE-- should I go off the Propecia, or stay on just in case? Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0565.jpg

Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	45438   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0566.jpg

Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	45439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0567 (1).jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	45440   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0624.jpg

Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	45441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0625.jpg

Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	45442  

Default another pic of front

front hairline
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0368.jpg

Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	45443  

Default Bump

Please help

Really wish I had some answer for you man, I'm new to this myself now and hoping for all the info I can get. Sorry to get your hopes up when you see a reply was left but just want you to know you're not alone

Male pattern

Quote Originally Posted by kingcass View Post
    Hello all,

My name is Chris and I am going through a very hard period of time. I am 19 years old and have lost a good amount of hair within the past 5 months. The shedding started late September, and really took effect in October. I've never had problems with hair- I was known for my "fur cap" because my hair was so incredibly dense and curly. I noticed a good amount of hair coming out in the shower and didn't think much of it. Until I noticed my right temple started receding a bit and that's where everything went down hill. Since then my other temple has started to recede and my top has lost a LOT of density (compared to what it used to be). But my sides and back have also started to have less density, as well as my eye brows. It's been very weird. I grew my hair out so it wasn't super noticeable when I went to derm to check it out. She made me do blood work, but everything in that department was fine. She told me to go on Propecia (which I started last month). However, when I cut my hair short and saw the sides she said that I may have TE (because of the hair loss on sides/back). I also had a huge stress trigger at the time period when my hair first started shedding. I left home for college and it was a very stressful adaption to say the least. Let me know what you guys think. Also, if you do think it is TE-- should I go off the Propecia, or stay on just in case? Any help would be very much appreciated.
    The two are not mutually exclusive. I think you have MPB, because it is thinner in the crown than it is everywhere else. You might have TE as well.