Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corey72
    • Mar 2016

New haircut made me nervous

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. A little background. My father and both grandparents are bald however my father didn't start thinning till 50. I have thick hair but after a recent haircut I have noticed some concerning spot on top of my head and partially near the back. Idk if this is hair thinning, stress, MPB, or what. I've always had a swirl but it looks concerning to me. Attached are 5 pics, thank you in advance so much. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	477647Click image for larger version

Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	477648Click image for larger version

Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	477649Click image for larger version

Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	477650Click image for larger version

Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	477651
  • Falcon
    • Dec 2015

Photos looks normal except maybe photo 3, not sure could look like some thinning at the crown.

Maybe it is just me but I would not worry around the horse shoe area

Keep an eye out and wait it out, especially if there is no frontal hair loss.

Comment

• Corey72
      • Mar 2016

How long should I wait? See if it grows in?

Comment

• spm
        • Apr 2011

Looks like it might be the start of mpb. I wish I had started meds when I first noticed my thinning after a haircut years ago. The good news is that you have a decent amount of hair and should do well with treatment if you have mpb. I would suggest having a doctor examine you. Also don't let the fear mongers get to you. I wish I got on finasteride early on and not listened to all the fear mongers on the internet.

Comment

• Corey72
          • Mar 2016

Found this pic of the swirl from about 3 years ago
          Attached Files

Comment

• Corey72
            • Mar 2016

When you say go to doctor to examine, do you mean a dermatologist?

Comment

• spm
              • Apr 2011

Yes go to a doctor that is a dermatologist and can examine your hair with a device that will show if you are having any miniaturization. Here is a link to help you understand. http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/rese...eo-microscopy/

Comment

• tedwuji
                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Corey72
                Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. A little background. My father and both grandparents are bald however my father didn't start thinning till 50. I have thick hair but after a recent haircut I have noticed some concerning spot on top of my head and partially near the back. Idk if this is hair thinning, stress, MPB, or what. I've always had a swirl but it looks concerning to me. Attached are 5 pics, thank you in advance so much. [ATTACH=CONFIG]45428[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45429[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45430[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45431[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45432[/ATTACH]
                I am fairly certain you are not balding in the crown. I am also assuming your front is fine as u didnt even mention it.

Now some guys bald primarily in the crown but the front is almost always effected first even if to a lesser degree.

Stats on patterns aside tho, your photos do not indicate balding to me. What i am seeing is dark hair cut very short and white skin contrasting beneath it along with a prenatal hair whorl or "cowlick".

Pictures of course can be misleading however and the only definitive way to know would be a hair bulk analysis by an IAHRS recommended surgeon in your area.

Comment

Working...