Is thinning of hair on only ONE side sign of mpb ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devilsmaycry
    • Dec 2015

Is thinning of hair on only ONE side sign of mpb ??

I'm 17
    I have receded hairline.

My hair one right side of head in continuing to thin . presently the thickness is only 1/6th compared to left. Not my right crown is thinning, but the right side of head is thinning . I have good thickness on left, back and top of head.
    My scalp is clearly visible in right side and someone commented on it too .
    Its been about an year I started to experience this issue.

Is thinning on (only) one side of head a sign of mpn ???????????
  • eighteen
    • Mar 2015

Yeah uneven thinning or recession is common with mpb.

Comment

• mayapple
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by devilsmaycry
      I'm 17
      I have receded hairline.

My hair one right side of head in continuing to thin . presently the thickness is only 1/6th compared to left. Not my right crown is thinning, but the right side of head is thinning . I have good thickness on left, back and top of head.
      My scalp is clearly visible in right side and someone commented on it too .
      Its been about an year I started to experience this issue.

Is thinning on (only) one side of head a sign of mpn ???????????
      Do you have any pictures? What treatments are you on? I had a similar situation, but it was when I was experiencing TE (telogen effluvium). GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST - A GOOD ONE. Do your research and find one that specializes in hair, and tell him you want a thorough miniaturization analysis, or even a scalp biopsy if you're really worried.

Comment

• Paganis
        • Mar 2016

Look at my last post if possible. Please respond if you recognize 'tha signs'.

Comment

• devilsmaycry
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by mayapple
          Do you have any pictures? What treatments are you on? I had a similar situation, but it was when I was experiencing TE (telogen effluvium). GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST - A GOOD ONE. Do your research and find one that specializes in hair, and tell him you want a thorough miniaturization analysis, or even a scalp biopsy if you're really worried.
          Yes here is the pic

The pic was taken before one and a half month . Present situation is a little worse . And my camera is not good , so its not clearly distinguishable.

Comment

• devilsmaycry
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by mayapple
            Yes here is the pic

The pic was taken before one and a half month . Present situation is a little worse .

Comment

Working...