+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The only fix for MPB though is propecia. Its not like sleep problems where there a host of things to try first. There is almost nothing under your control short of changing your hormones that can alter MPB almost at all IMO

Yeah, I know. Sorry for blowing up like that, but i'm just so sick of all that kind of B.S. and then on top of that, doctors and even people here, trying to put you on the spot and try to treat you accusatory and as if you are suspicious or in the wrong in some form or another. And yeah you know, "DRUGS" "MEDICATIONS" they're real things that exist, and even if some people abuse them, does not make them outright horrible fiends or human beings that should be punished and treated that way if they're not hurting someone else. I don't understand what all the apprehension or weirdness is.

Sorry, I'm not really into a nanny police state with the government and the health care system holding my hand and acting like some kind of surrogate parent, or even as my superior in some way. It's beyond annoying! let me do what I want to do! holy crap.

Okay,

I live in Canada, and apparently, you need to go on a huge wait list (up to 6 months) just to see a dermatologist (who might not even listen to me) and you have to be first refereed to your doctor. I just received that, and I talked to a "cosmetic" dermatologist, and they can't see me. So, is there no other way?

Can I seriously just make an appointment with a "hairloss" doctor...?

Oh and it's frustrating, because I know for a fact I'm going bald now. I ignored it for so long because everyone else told me "it was fine" but now people can notice more readily and it's really frustrating that SOME people are still telling me it's not. They're obviously blind and don't understand that even just A LITTLE baldness is "baldness" for god sakes. I don't want to take a huge gamble and go "kind of sort of, balding, but not bald, BALD" kind of thing. Like, people expect huge patches and for it to be really noticeable. But it's just thinning mostly. Ugh.

Oh, and I was wondering too: Does anyone have any official and well respected literature or medical journalist articles and the such to present to my doctors? I've already informed myself about the medications myself, but I just cannot help but think that my doctor sees this as just some random thing I found on the internet being sold by some iffy scam website or something.

Yeah MPB can be frustrating in a lot of ways. Its tough to find a doctor that takes MPB seriously, and until you do your losing time. I dont want to take a pill for life to be honest especially a hormone altering one, but at this point its do or die. Not a lot of alternatives. If you consider 80 percent of guys go bald at some point then almost every guy in the US should be on fin even as a preventative measure. Doctors should hand it out like candy if it something the guy wants to try.
    I dont like the idea of a doctor deciding that kind of thing for me. Its my choice really not his. We really need a topical like CB where I can decide verses a doctor doing it for me to get a script. You cant win against MPB without propecia its just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Yeah MPB can be frustrating in a lot of ways. Its tough to find a doctor that takes MPB seriously, and until you do your losing time. I dont want to take a pill for life to be honest especially a hormone altering one, but at this point its do or die. Not a lot of alternatives. If you consider 80 percent of guys go bald at some point then almost every guy in the US should be on fin even as a preventative measure. Doctors should hand it out like candy if it something the guy wants to try.
    I dont like the idea of a doctor deciding that kind of thing for me. Its my choice really not his. We really need a topical like CB where I can decide verses a doctor doing it for me to get a script. You cant win against MPB without propecia its just a fact.
    Yes, totally.

But, I am kind of a musician (or am just one) but also, I've been told I could do modeling (seriously, on many occasions, and have always gotten quite a lot of attention from people do to what I look or whatever. And it's just, I don't know, I think your image can say a lot to you, and I'd rather keep my hair at this point even if the pill MIGHT pose some risks. It may be vein, but it's an important part in who I am. If I didn't have my hair, I'd just be like, random bald dude on the street, okay?

My hair has always been a huge part of who I am.

I just don't want that

Hi,

Dr Steve Edgar in the UK is the Dr i and many use for their finasteide prescriptions. He is very helpful and informed on the medication unlike many GPs.
    He prescribes 5mg proscar and 5mg generic finasteride too at approx £200 for 14 months supply. His email drstevengedgar@gmail.com

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

IMO caring about your hair is no different than caring about your weight or how you look any other way. Its just human nature its not being shallow or anything. Most people even some guys that dont much care still care to some extent about certain things even if not hair