+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    6

    Default how to get rid of frizzy hair?

    Hi Guys! I was wondering if anyone can give me some good suggestions on this, I have frizzy & dry hair, I have tried using many products like shampoos, oils, serums even tried applying egg but nothing works. Can anyone suggest some natural remedies? Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    39

    Default

    You have to figure out first the reason why you have a frizzy and dry hair. I suggest try to condition your hair everyday and schedule a monthly hot oil treatment if possible.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Try ogx kukui nut shampoo, its a black bottle, does the job perfectly.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoreno515 View Post
    Try ogx kukui nut shampoo, its a black bottle, does the job perfectly.
    Ok this is something new which I haven't tried. Will check this out

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexieJ View Post
    You have to figure out first the reason why you have a frizzy and dry hair. I suggest try to condition your hair everyday and schedule a monthly hot oil treatment if possible.
    I have tried hot oil, it makes the hair a bit smooth but doesn't quite get rid of the frizz.... But thanks for the tip!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keren View Post
    I have tried hot oil, it makes the hair a bit smooth but doesn't quite get rid of the frizz.... But thanks for the tip!
    I had this for a while... my reason was over washing and constantly playing with it. I started washing it every OTHER day and using pur a dor conditioner. I would then rinse with cold water, let it air dry and put just a little argan oil in it. Emu oil worked as well.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Had the same problem. Solution... extra virgin coconut oil.

    Seriously, it's amazing stuff! Sorts out the frizz and makes your hair look healthy and shiny without being greasy.

    The coconut oil comes in a jar and is solid. Just scoop out the amount you need and rub into your hands until it's liquified then apply to your hair and scalp.

    You can apply to dry hair as required or to wet hair as a kind of sealer.

    Works a treat for me.

  8. #8
    Senior Member pkipling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Have you tried a leave in conditioner? That seems like a potential solution.

    I've used coconut oil in my hair before to treat my dry scalp. It made my hair very slick and shiny, but I found it really difficult to get out. Maybe I just used too much though....

    I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsparkle View Post
    Had the same problem. Solution... extra virgin coconut oil.

    Seriously, it's amazing stuff! Sorts out the frizz and makes your hair look healthy and shiny without being greasy.

    The coconut oil comes in a jar and is solid. Just scoop out the amount you need and rub into your hands until it's liquified then apply to your hair and scalp.

    You can apply to dry hair as required or to wet hair as a kind of sealer.

    Works a treat for me.
    Yes this sounds good! I think i'll give it a try... Thanks! but does it smell like typical coconut oil when applied on hair?

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    Have you tried a leave in conditioner? That seems like a potential solution.

    I've used coconut oil in my hair before to treat my dry scalp. It made my hair very slick and shiny, but I found it really difficult to get out. Maybe I just used too much though....

    I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

    I tried literally hundred's of products and techniques before discovering what worked for me!
    Leave in conditioner was ok but I found my hair still too dry.

    The coconut oil was perfect for my hair type because i needed something which would lock in moisture, weigh the hair down a bit and not irritate the scalp.

    Everyones hair responds differently to different things I guess.

    Maybe you did use too much.
    I only use a penny sized amount on my shoulder length hair distributed evenly and massaged into the scalp.
    I do this straight after washing when the hair is still wet so that the oil can penetrate and seal in moisture.
    Anytime between washes if i think it needs it i smooth through a small amount. But im talking a tiny amount. Just like a thin layer over my hands. A little goes a long way with this stuff.

    I would also recommend using the organic extra virgin coconut oil instead of the plain stuff. A little bit more expensive but much better quality.

Similar Threads

  1. Hair looks dry and frizzy. Do you guys have the same problem ? ( hair loss )
    By snowie in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2016, 01:05 PM
  2. frizzy hair, is it common in hair loss ?
    By snowie in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2015, 10:53 AM
  3. Frizzy hairs
    By PleaseHelpMe in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 04:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Rogaine and sexual side effects?
09-08-2011 05:26 PM
by qh1026
Last Post By Jba
Today 01:19 PM
3000 Grafts Temples Instanbul Unshaved
Yesterday 03:58 AM
by mmaldo
Last Post By mwolfe
Today 11:03 AM
Should I be concerned?
Yesterday 10:29 AM
Last Post By Kclennings
Today 10:36 AM
Dr Rahal FUE Patient - 1233 Grafts
Today 09:33 AM
by mattj
Last Post By mattj
Today 09:33 AM