+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Dutasteride on a teen

Hello guys!

Im a 20 years old boy, and I've been taking finasteride +minox for 3 years, but it seems like the medications are no longer working as Intended (hair loss is slowly taking care of me...)

So since Finasteride never gave me side effects, and since dutasteride can stop up to 93% of dht conversion, do you guys think that its safe for me to try it out?

And yes, hair is this important to me.. So I guess I would take some of its possible consequences..
    I mean, Just the simply fact of going outside without applying fibers on my hair makes me feel so unconfortable

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!

Can you post pictures of when you started and your current state? Sometimes our mind plays tricks on us.

Thank you for the reply JohnMVP (;D), I don't have any decent image but I found a video I took when i was late 16s-early 17s (a bit before starting medication)...so here it goes:

This is how my hair used to like (13-14 years old):

http://imgur.com/amdXEDn

Then it sowly started loosing it's texture, and it's curlyness (16-17 years old @Video):

https://vid.me/3Vv2

And at the moment, this is my hair at his worst possible condition (after bath, bright light, short.. 20 years old):

http://imgur.com/NoQqgTI

This has started making my life like a whole suicidal story... Some of the girls I used to like rejected me cause of my hair (said it was a turn off), some of my friends make fun of it, and one of them started calling me "Smigol" when he saw my hair wet, after going to the beach... I honestly can't get out of my house without using topical fibers...

It's really so frustrating, I mean..what am I doing wrong..? I think I started my meds as soon as I could...I don't know what to do anymore.. :'(

Have you seen the studies on dut? And I hear fin doesnt work well in people with early onset of mpb because our follicles are so sensitive to smaller amounts of dht.

Dutasteride is a strong drug. I personally think that taking it at 20 years of age is a bit extreme and a little bit of a risk. However, you're not paranoid like some of the young guys on here - you're definitely losing your hair.

If you really feel strongly about wanting to keep your hair, then I would reluctantly suggest trying Dutasteride. No guarantee that it will work if Finasteride has already stopped being an effective treatment for you.

hey bro , i'm feeling your pain , me too ive been taking propecia for almost 18 month without results and i'm about to take dut .

i will keep you updated . And does minox give you regrowth in the beginning ?

Thank you very much for replying to this thread eighteen, Hubris and michel !

@eighteen, no I have not, mate. A dermatologist told me to use Fin when I was 17, so I guess she knows what she's saying..? I have no clue, but I really hope that it has been doing something all these years..

@Hubris, I might not be paranoid, but it is slowly taking away my life Hubris... this has been giving me problems with sleeping, as well as lack of appetite, sometime I just wanna lock myself in my room and just cry my heart out..Society is so damn cruel man ! :'(

@Michel, hey michel, if you're at the same page, then you probably know that loosing our hair at such a young age can completly destroy one of the most important(if not the most) parts of our lives...

I've been taking finasteride 1 mg + applying minox every night..Looking at the pictures, I guess you can take some sad conclusions... I just hope that at the very least it's slowly stopping hair loss from evolving.. I heard minox works best for receding hairlines, which isn't really my case..My problem is rather my overall hair density (specially crown)

I would really like to know if you guys could give me some help/tips about dutasteride, cause hair has always been one of the most important things for me, and since I have a somewhat childish face and lack of facial hair, this balding process is something that I will have to fight until my last days, with all my heart.

So please, fellas..Do you think that, since I dont have sides from taking finasteride, it would be the same for dut? Would it work or stop most of my hair loss? Cause if it does, I don't really mind some of it's consequences.. I would also like to know the dosage, and if I have to get some kind of receipt before buying that product in a random pharmacy..

Thank you SO MUCH for caring, dude! You're awesome ! I hope we can all solve this bullshit disease and live our lives to the fullest once again! =/

Is your scalp inflamed at all? Do you have severe dandruff?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...5/#!po=43.8272
    According to this study, sexual side affects appeared in 3 to 7 percent of men taking dut similar to fin. It actually says people had slightly less sides on dut.

Do you have any photos of your hair at the beginning of your finasteride treatment? That may help you assess how well fin was working. And dutasteride is very effective, even for people when fin has lost effectiveness. It really is your only other option if youre serious about your hair. But again it is a powerful drug, talk to your doctor about it.