+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMPB View Post
    Is your scalp inflamed at all? Do you have severe dandruff?
    No inflamations whatsoever, my dermatologist said I had some dandruff, indeed.

I already experienced some itchiness, but that was a long time ago.

I'd rather take the advices from the fellas in here, rather than the dermatologists in my country, because so far I've been with 3 and they're all terrible...They just said "Yup, so thats 1mg of Fin, 1 top of Minox everyday and you're good to go! Bye bye!"..They really don't give a damn about your hair loss, an then they come with that stupid excuse of "you worry too much with your hair, go live your life!"... Amen

Yeah unfortunately they really dont know a whole lot about hairloss, and honestly all they can tell you is what they have, fin minox, there really isnt anything else. Well dut but thats just a more powerful fin. I'm merely saying talk to your doc about a prescription because theyre the ones that are going to give it to you.

@Eighteen and @dm90 I don't trust the doctocs in these areas to be honest..at least in this country...They don't give a DAMN about my hair loss it's so damn sad (specially when it's a woman..oh gosh)

Anyway, I don't have any decent photo of my hair at the start of the treatment, but I think that from the video and from the last picture, you can clearly see that this is going downhill.. =/

Do I really have to talk with a doctor ? Can't I just tell them that a doctor told me to take dut ?

Ok sir! I will talk with my dad and see if they give me the goddamn prescription (I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by Vunoo View Post
    Thank you for the reply JohnMVP (;D), I don't have any decent image but I found a video I took when i was late 16s-early 17s (a bit before starting medication)...so here it goes:

This is how my hair used to like (13-14 years old):

http://imgur.com/amdXEDn

Then it sowly started loosing it's texture, and it's curlyness (16-17 years old @Video):

https://vid.me/3Vv2

And at the moment, this is my hair at his worst possible condition (after bath, bright light, short.. 20 years old):

http://imgur.com/NoQqgTI

This has started making my life like a whole suicidal story... Some of the girls I used to like rejected me cause of my hair (said it was a turn off), some of my friends make fun of it, and one of them started calling me "Smigol" when he saw my hair wet, after going to the beach... I honestly can't get out of my house without using topical fibers...

It's really so frustrating, I mean..what am I doing wrong..? I think I started my meds as soon as I could...I don't know what to do anymore.. :'(
    1) you need some new friends man. Who the hell bullies people like that at 20 years old??

2) If you have been on finasteride and your hair has progressively thinned like that, especially in the crown and mid-scalp, then are you sure it's working for you?

3) DUT is a hardcore medication, like the other posters said. If hair loss is making you suicidal, and if it was me, yes I would consider it. That's my personal opinion. If you had ZERO sides on finasteride, will you on DUT?? That's an impossible question to answer. You are blocking BOTH enzymes and your DHT is almost obliterated. With minimal DHT levels (on fin) you may not experience sides, but on VERY minimal levels (dut) you might.

4) Have you had your DHT serum levels measured? Testosterone?

5) I would consider RU before DUT, but that's just me personally. RU58841 is also not FDA approved and their is very little research on it.

-I was on fin for a year and it increased my hair loss. I am now using RU and DUT for a couple months. It has helped... I think? At Least the scalp pain is gone. good luck brother.

Quote Originally Posted by mayapple View Post
    1) you need some new friends man. Who the hell bullies people like that at 20 years old??

2) If you have been on finasteride and your hair has progressively thinned like that, especially in the crown and mid-scalp, then are you sure it's working for you?

3) DUT is a hardcore medication, like the other posters said. If hair loss is making you suicidal, and if it was me, yes I would consider it. That's my personal opinion. If you had ZERO sides on finasteride, will you on DUT?? That's an impossible question to answer. You are blocking BOTH enzymes and your DHT is almost obliterated. With minimal DHT levels (on fin) you may not experience sides, but on VERY minimal levels (dut) you might.

4) Have you had your DHT serum levels measured? Testosterone?

5) I would consider RU before DUT, but that's just me personally. RU58841 is also not FDA approved and their is very little research on it.

-I was on fin for a year and it increased my hair loss. I am now using RU and DUT for a couple months. It has helped... I think? At Least the scalp pain is gone. good luck brother.
    Thank you so much for helping out mayapple! :') And answering your questions:

1)I don't know man.. Unluckily or not, these are the friends I have..I've already told them that I don't like this type of behaviour..They're quite good fellas when alone, but it seems like when we're in group, they just find it funny to mock someone..But yeah, it sucks...

2)One of the main reasons of this thread was exactly that, I am not sure... It's either not working, or it might have stopped some of the hair loss (in case my MBP is ultra-severe).. Funny thing tho, my dad is the only man in my entire family who started balding (late 30s), but I guess I can't really blame that, since it seems like many other dudes are in the same circunstances and still have hair loss..

3 + 5) That is an interesting idea indeed, I just thought of the strongest thing in the market right now because I'm 20, and I don't wanna go suicidal anytime soon, so maybe the strongest thing out there, while I can, would end up being the most effective?

4) I have not !! And I guess I should! Another topic that I'll have to talk with my parents!

I will try to mark a consult with a doctor and see what they say about RU and DUT, but even if they say no, I might just give a try just for the sake of god...

Thank you so much for your attention mate, and I wish you the best luck possible fighting this bullshit!

With balding this young that's treatment resistant to both minoxidil and finasteride, there is little chance of making it to 30 with even close to a full head of hair. Even if dutasteride works exceptionally well (which is highly unlikely given the rate you're progressing even with fin+min), its only going to buy you a few years before you're back to where you are now or worse. More realistically it will either slow loss or do nothing. It may even make it worse since you may be susceptible to hyperandrogenicity

So will you be happy with your current hair or worse for the next 3 years? Cause if you're not going to be happy like that, then you need to seriously reassess your plan for how to be happy in the next years of your finite life. fighting something that's inevitably going to happen, at significant cost, time, mental effort with possible side effects is not a strategy thats actually going to work.

I'm not going to lie and say losing your hair doesn't suck, but its primarily the process of losing hair and the feeling of powerlessness that sucks. Being bald is basically fine. Once you've accepted it you stop thinking about it. Know how little you thought about other peoples baldness before you were balding? That's how little you'll think about it once you're embraced it. You can find plenty of bald guys with great lives so being miserable over being bald is just a way to avoid improving the things in life you can change.

Killing your DHT can also effect your beard/body hair development, which you'll need to help balance out your face. Bald + stubble/beard looks way better than bald + no facial hair. The kind of women who are attracted to bald guys tend to be into the manly look so they're usually into beards and hairy chests too.

Even if you think somehow you can't be one of the millions of successful, happy bald people, there's still nothing you can do about it. So your only choice is to either feel sorry for yourself, which makes you even less attractive and encourages you to let life pass you by and blame all your problems on something you can't change, or you can accept it and focus on the things you can change.

The longer you fight it, the more resources and emotion you dump into fighting it the harder it will be to accept it.

BTW based on your last picture your hair is too thin to really pull off the "young, full head of hair look" but it looks easily dense enough to pull off a buzzcut, which will make your thinning a lot less noticeable. It will also stop messing with your internal monologue when you should be focused in the moment, you won't be worried about how your hair looks when its wet or viewed from a certain angle, you won't be fiddling with it which draws peoples attention to it. You'll also learn not to associate your value or appearance with hair but with other aspects of yourself. Buzzing your hair (I'd recommend number 1 or no-guard) can easily buy you a few more years of passable hair, which will help a lot since in your early 20s hair is still more of a big deal for some girls. By your late twenties/early 30s its far less of an issue and you'll be ready to embrace the full bald look.

Yeah its way easier to say than do, and getting over insecurity is still a struggle even when you're engaged in accepting what you have instead of fighting it, but its really the only viable option to be happy about that hand you're dealt in life. If you fight something you can't change you will always be unhappy about it.

As for people commenting on your hair, this is partly because thinning hair looks bad (Full head of hair > Buzzcut/Bald > Balding head of hair, especially on a young guy) and partly because anything that marks you as different at your age will be made fun of by other young bucks looking to assert their dominance. Those who are sensitive and get upset are demonstrating that they feel inferior, those who laugh it off show that they're confident in their value and position in the group.

By obsessing about your hair you're painting a massive target on your back for people to poke fun at if they're looking to knock you down a peg. Just look at how Donald Trumps hair is treated vs Bernie Sanders. Everyone jokes about Trumps hair even though he's "got a full head of hair". Bernie Sanders baldness is basically never mocked because he's not trying to hide it.

Sanders hair doesn't look any better than Trumps, in fact it probably looks worse, but he's not attempting to be something he's not so no one even thinks of making fun of him about it because its not a big deal. Trumps hair is only a big deal because he's made it a big deal. He's not being mocked for balding, he's mocked for being vain and insecure and pretending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ew6K0W3RY

Quote Originally Posted by mayapple View Post
    I was on fin for a year and it increased my hair loss. I am now using RU and DUT for a couple months. It has helped... I think? At Least the scalp pain is gone. good luck brother.
    Did Fin not help the scalp pain/inflammation at all?

Im basicly ****ed then because Ive noticed an increase in libido and shedding on fin. Im assuming I have hyperandrogenicity and dut wont work. Maybe ill try topical anti androgens. -_-

I started taking Dutasteride at the age of 24/25 due to my frontal hair thinning. At 28 I still have as much, if not more hair than I did when I started using it (this past year I have also began nizoral and Regaine foam). However, as of this week I have discontinued using Dutasteride. My reasoning being the side effects. I started using Dut when I was also using anabolic steroids, thus even though my natural dht conversion was suppressed, the drugs I used in conjunction had high levels of androgens in them so I never experienced any of the sexual side effects. I have now ceased any anabolic or androgenic compounds for around 12 months and the Dut sides are beginning to show: Sex drive has started to subside, erections are not as potent as they used to be, ejaculate volume is lower, gyno is beginning to show and I'm also suffering from brain fogs too.

A lot of people are claiming that the Dut side effects are irreversible, and as I have experience with anabolics I'm determined to try and prove them wrong by starting on a moderate dose of testosterone and arimidex whilst the dutasteride clears from my system. Then I will begin with a dht compound and a high strength PCT therapy designed for people with complete testosterone and LH shutdown and hope for the best.

In short, I wouldnt recommend anyone start using Dutasteride. There is not enough information about the negative side effects of 5ar inhibiting compounds out there, and no amount of salon quality hair is worth losing the use of your dick over.

My suggestion would be to give the Fin and rogaine a chance to work, otherwise re evaluate your hairstyle (a grade one back and sides helps draw attention away from a thinning mop) and be happy you can still get a boner if you do manage to pull a girl.