+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Michael, if you seriously contemplating suicide over losing hair you may need to seek psychiatric help, hairloss can be traumatic I know, but suicide is not something to be taken lightly under any circumstance, I know the majority of posters here are in their early 20's and they think a low hairline is everything in life, but trust me it's not.

You have several alarming threads most of which consist of asking if minoxidil will make your hair dependent, others about not responding to propecia, let me bluntly honest, most preventive medication does very little to maintain the hairline, propecia and minoxidil rarely result in regrowth, the best we can do is prevent the rest from going bald, the only solution to get a low hairline is surgery, taking 5mg of dutasteride daily won't give you the teenage hairline back, it'll only maintain the hair you have and slow hairline loss. I have yet to see anyone get worse from finasteride or dutasteride, you may experience shedding, which occurs because the miniaturized hair is shed and a thicker terminal hair regrows, if you look worse it's probably because you stopped treatment once the hair was shed and you didnt wait for the hair to grow back which it will. Take s step back, breath and relax, millions of young men are experiencing hairloss, if I was able to get my hair back and be happy anyone can so just chill.

Quote Originally Posted by michel sapin View Post
    i'm still on the big 3 , however minoxidil is a pain in the ass , ive started 3 week ago .

I hoped that propecia would be a magical pill however its notpotent enough for me .

So, should i jump on dut to see temple regrowth and maintenance ?
    Personally I probably would, but who am I.

thx for you help guys . Ht soon , i know that my thread sounds alarming , however hairloss is really ruining my damn life , ive failed my college semester because of it .

Moreover as a semi pro surfer my hair are so important . When i've jumped on propecia i thought it would work and that my nightmare would end .

however it's not enough , so i'm seeking advices with you guys , because dermatologist in france doesnt have a clue about hairloss .

the worst thing is that i caught my hairloss on the early stage ( nw 1,5 with miniaturized hair 17 month ago ). that why i'm so sad .

However today i've taken my decision , i will order some duta , and i will start to add 0,5 mg duta once a week with my daily fin and minox . Then i will take twice a week . slowly.

I will keep you updated.

thx for you help guys . Ht soon , i know that my thread sounds alarming , however hairloss is really ruining my damn life , ive failed my college semester because of it .

Moreover as a semi pro surfer my hair are so important . When i've jumped on propecia i thought it would work and that my nightmare would end .

however it's not enough , so i'm seeking advices with you guys , because dermatologist in france doesnt have a clue about hairloss .
    Ever heard of Kelly Slater? He's completely bald and still had a good career, not saying you should accept it, but man cmon suicide over hair? That's too extreme, if I were you I'd drive down to Belgium to see Dr. Feriduni or Bisanga they are hair experts, they'll give you a proper protocol for medical therapy, better than anyone on this forum they're medical professionals and it's pretty close to France.

Whats so important about hair in surfing??

"Whats so important about hair in surfing??"

Two reasons, the hair will keep you above the waves and among sharks bald people are a delicacy.

hi guys , i'm a 22 yo french semi- pro surfer who've been taking propecia for 17 month daily now .

first you have to know that my hair is my life , and i would rather kill myself than being bald .

I will not post picture because i hate to take picture of myself , and i'm not a dysmorphophobic guy with no hairloss like many on the hairloss forum.

SO after being in denial for 1 year ive decided to take the big gun propecia .
    At that time i was a nw 1,5 with a lot of miniaturized hair on the temple.

i was aware that if you want to keep your hair you have to start early , so i was confident and i expected result such as Nickypooss.

However now it sucks because propecia wasn't enough to stop my recession
    17 month later i'm almost nw 3 and that is real .

SO i need to keep my look for my career and sponsors .
    SO what are my options ; i'm ready to take everything to keep my hair, (ive even considered oral spiro)

Ive started minoxidil 5 on the hairline 3 weeks ago , however i know that ive got the balding gene , so i want to preserve my mid scalp .

my plan was to jump on duta to keep what i have but i'm ****ing scared of the hairline destroyer thing , maybe because of the raise of scalp testosterone.

So Should i jump on dutasteride ? is propecia not potent enough ? Should i add RU or topical spiro ?

Plz guys i really need advices , take the time to read my story , i'm ****ing desesperate .
    This is all in your head. The biggest name in world surfing is bald.

thx for your words guys .

do you know if dutasteride from inhouse is legit ? what dosage should i take in order to switch from propecia ? thx

anyone know if it is legit ? Ive never order med on internet before that is why i' m asking you.