+ Reply to Thread

Default Erectile Dysfunction Placebo Effect

Posting this in case it will help people on the fence about using fin. I debated it for a while and have been much happier after using it.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/306437.php

"The placebo effect refers to the impact that a placebo has on an individual. In other words, even an inert and inactive treatment can produce a measurable, positive health response. This outcome may fly in the face of common sense but it has been repeatedly demonstrated. "

"The opposite of a placebo - generating a negative rather than a positive outcome - is a nocebo"

"Erectile dysfunction: in one study, participants were split into three groups. The first group was told they would receive a treatment for erectile dysfunction, the second group were told they would receive either a placebo or an actual treatment and the third group were told they would receive a placebo.
    All three groups were, in fact, given placebo starch tablets, but all three groups' erectile dysfunction improved significantly without any significant differences between the three groups"

Thanks a lot for this! The stories I read in forums sometimes make the impression that everyone got f---ed by Fin. Actually all in the head. We just have to keep a positive mental attitude about that drug. I may jump on the fin train soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairmore View Post
    Thanks a lot for this! The stories I read in forums sometimes make the impression that everyone got f---ed by Fin. Actually all in the head. We just have to keep a positive mental attitude about that drug. I may jump on the fin train soon as well.
    The term 'all in the head' seems to cause people to get defensive. In reality, it's not all in their head because it's an actual symptom. For example, anxiety can cause premature heartbeats. It's not all in the head. It's that the head can cause real symptoms, not the drug.

Inactive

Very, very interesting. I'm one of the ones who genuinely believe that the majority of negative sides associated with Fin are mental. We don't give enough credit to the power of our minds, and the power of suggestion is very strong when a man thinks that taking a pill might make his equipment malfunction. Just the fear of that alone can wreak havoc.

Thanks for sharing the article.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.