+ Reply to Thread

Default Prevention? Genetics.

Hey guys. So I'm wondering if anyone suggests Propecia BEFORE they notice MPB?

Right now, as it stands, my hairline and crown have been the same forever. I have cut brand new hairs from around the hairline and over my head and they are growing at normal thickness. So I can't see any balding yet.

But my father did go bald. So I'm wondering if I should consider Propecia before it starts? I'm 25 by the way. I guess some would consider getting to 25 with no loss lucky. And I can't stress enough that I don't mean to upset or anger anyone. You guys just seem knowledgeable and might be able to help.

I am also concerned about body hair. I have a hairy chest (And have had for maybe.. 4-5 years?) And concerned about body hair + MPB connection. I have a little on my back too. But not much. I am just wondering if there is a connection that means BODY HAIR = MPB?

My mothers father had a hairy back apparently and he had great hair in to his 70s. So there is hope. And it's been maybe 5 years with body hair and no MPB yet... is that a good sign?

Would it have started by now?

Post pics of your hair, usually it wouldn't be a good idea because in some cases propecia has caused people's hair to get worse but maybe you have some signs and your not sure but others on here can help you as well let gku know where your at.

pics here - https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ice?highlight=

From 1.5 years ago and my hairline is EXACTLY the same. I've taken pictures to compare. I've compared over the last 2 years and seen no change. But i'm just worried about what MIGHT happen

Note - I have a pretty high hairline (when I look back at chilhood pictures my forehead is HUGE hahahaha) And yes, a natural V shaped widows peak forever too. It's funny my female friend of 8 years has one and she said (about herself) "yeah Im receding like my dad" I assured her she just had a widows peak and it often does make it look receded.

If its the same then im positive its a mature hair line but really hard to say man, looks fine though to me.

Thanks

It really has been the same for at LEAST 2 years probably forever really. I've never had a straight across hairline and even pictures of me at the ag of 11/12 my hairline is quite high. Im not worried about now, more about prevention if possible really.

If you see any effect after starting to take Fin then you probably have male pattern hair loss. So it may be a way to see if you are really suffering from MPB