+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by epipapilla View Post
    Acceptance of going bald is not necessarily the safest answer. There are a large amount of people who have accepted hair loss and have withdrawn from society, or become depressed and suicidal. Yes, it is easy to say, "hey man, you're going bald, just deal with it!" But at such a young age for this to occur to someone this can change their whole outlook on life. If he was older, I think that acceptance may be an appropriate answer, but certainly not at 21 years of age!
    Exactly. If I was 30 then I dont think I would be that bothered but I am meant to be in my prime right now and I already have considerable hair loss approaching. And for other causes, theres always a chance of it being something else which is why I asked

And yeah its expensive. Regaine in the UK costs like £25 a month. I earn £115 a month, so dont try to patronize me

Honestly, while it sucks to bald at 21, learning to accept it and work with it may be the best answer. The truth is your MPB must be quite aggressive to be in that stage by your age (it still looks ok, but it's very clearly MPB), and with current treatments, especially if you can't tolerate fin, I'd be amazed if you could even maintain what you have through your 20's without some serious investment of time, money and emotional energy. Fighting a losing battle every single day is no better for your peace of mind.

On the upside, you say you've worn it shaved before and if that look works for you, that (or a very short cut) is a good look - works socially, professionally, it's clean and people meeting you won't give it a second thought, and you'll be able to (mostly) forget about it. You've also still got a fairly strong forelock which will help frame your face even when it's shaved back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson94 View Post
    Exactly. If I was 30 then I dont think I would be that bothered but I am meant to be in my prime right now and I already have considerable hair loss approaching. And for other causes, theres always a chance of it being something else which is why I asked

And yeah its expensive. Regaine in the UK costs like £25 a month. I earn £115 a month, so dont try to patronize me
    Same. Started balding at 21 and now 22. Can't stand when I read threads "35 and just started balding!"...like stfu.

I suppose. If I was suitable I'd probably just get a transplant later on. What do you mean by forelock out of interest? And is it weird that I am finding it harder to shave my head on the second time round? Yeah when I see anyone over 30 complain I genuinely get annoyed. I think id be fine with it in my 30s just not now haha