+ Reply to Thread

Default Is my crown thinning or is this just the part?

Hey guys, I've been on the Big 3 for over 2 months now. So far decent results (fair less shedding and my hair looks "healthier"). However, I am considering dropping minox as my hair loss is still minor and it's kind of a pain in the ass and pricey. I plan on dropping it if my crown isn't thinning. What do you guys think? When I first visited my derm he told me that my crown was thinning and my second visit he said it was just the way my hair parts. Thoughts? I feel that it looks questionable in the first two pictures. I appreciate any responses.

Hey bro your crown is completely normal just a cowlick, how old are you? And you take finasteride, minoxidil and keto?

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreno515 View Post
    Hey bro your crown is completely normal just a cowlick, how old are you? And you take finasteride, minoxidil and keto?
    Thank you for your reply man. I'm currently 22 years old, I first noticed my hair loss last year when I was shedding a decent amount of hair, but finally acted on this this past December. Yes I have been using all of those. I'm debating dropping the minox and just using Finasteride and 2% Nizoral. My hairline is my real trouble area, and although it's still basically a NW 1 I want to keep it that way.

Yea no worries bro and did you notice shedding when starting minox and did you start all three at the same time? I plan on starting minox but always hear about the shedding so just wondering. Do you have any pics of your hair line or temples?

Yea no worries bro and did you notice shedding when starting minox and did you start all three at the same time? I plan on starting minox but always hear about the shedding so just wondering. Do you have any pics of your hair line or temples?
    I was shedding really heavily when I started treatments so it's hard to say. But I basically started all three at the same time, with minox maybe a week or so earlier than Finasteride. For about 4 weeks I was shedding at the same rate maybe even a little more, but around week 5 or so I started shedding a lot less (like from 40 hairs in the shower to 10 max). I lose probably around the normal 50-100 hairs a day now.

Picture of my hairline:

EDIT: I lurked some of your threads bro and your hair looks fantastic. I wouldn't bother with minox, just use Finasteride and Nizoral to maintain you need very little regrowth if any.

Thanks bro and honestly your hair looks great, I don't even think you need treatment keto might just be fine but minoxidil you should be fine without and how many days do you take fin?

Thanks bro and honestly your hair looks great, I don't even think you need treatment keto might just be fine but minoxidil you should be fine without and how many days do you take fin?
    Hey thanks man. I take 1.25 mg of Finasteride a day. Besides a little bit of watery semen for a week no sides.

I think your gonna have your hair for a long time lol also propecia works especially well for the crown so your cowlick might even fill in or nought appear thicker within a few more months, you made a good decision.