Is my crown thinning or is this just the part?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davesmith420
    • Dec 2015

Is my crown thinning or is this just the part?

Hey guys, I've been on the Big 3 for over 2 months now. So far decent results (fair less shedding and my hair looks "healthier"). However, I am considering dropping minox as my hair loss is still minor and it's kind of a pain in the ass and pricey. I plan on dropping it if my crown isn't thinning. What do you guys think? When I first visited my derm he told me that my crown was thinning and my second visit he said it was just the way my hair parts. Thoughts? I feel that it looks questionable in the first two pictures. I appreciate any responses.
  • bmoreno515
    • Nov 2014

Hey bro your crown is completely normal just a cowlick, how old are you? And you take finasteride, minoxidil and keto?

Comment

• davesmith420
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by bmoreno515
      Hey bro your crown is completely normal just a cowlick, how old are you? And you take finasteride, minoxidil and keto?
      Thank you for your reply man. I'm currently 22 years old, I first noticed my hair loss last year when I was shedding a decent amount of hair, but finally acted on this this past December. Yes I have been using all of those. I'm debating dropping the minox and just using Finasteride and 2% Nizoral. My hairline is my real trouble area, and although it's still basically a NW 1 I want to keep it that way.

Comment

• bmoreno515
        • Nov 2014

Yea no worries bro and did you notice shedding when starting minox and did you start all three at the same time? I plan on starting minox but always hear about the shedding so just wondering. Do you have any pics of your hair line or temples?

Comment

• davesmith420
          • Dec 2015

Yea no worries bro and did you notice shedding when starting minox and did you start all three at the same time? I plan on starting minox but always hear about the shedding so just wondering. Do you have any pics of your hair line or temples?
          I was shedding really heavily when I started treatments so it's hard to say. But I basically started all three at the same time, with minox maybe a week or so earlier than Finasteride. For about 4 weeks I was shedding at the same rate maybe even a little more, but around week 5 or so I started shedding a lot less (like from 40 hairs in the shower to 10 max). I lose probably around the normal 50-100 hairs a day now.

Picture of my hairline:

EDIT: I lurked some of your threads bro and your hair looks fantastic. I wouldn't bother with minox, just use Finasteride and Nizoral to maintain you need very little regrowth if any.

Comment

• bmoreno515
            • Nov 2014

Thanks bro and honestly your hair looks great, I don't even think you need treatment keto might just be fine but minoxidil you should be fine without and how many days do you take fin?

Comment

• davesmith420
              • Dec 2015

Thanks bro and honestly your hair looks great, I don't even think you need treatment keto might just be fine but minoxidil you should be fine without and how many days do you take fin?
              Hey thanks man. I take 1.25 mg of Finasteride a day. Besides a little bit of watery semen for a week no sides.

Comment

• bmoreno515
                • Nov 2014

I think your gonna have your hair for a long time lol also propecia works especially well for the crown so your cowlick might even fill in or nought appear thicker within a few more months, you made a good decision.

Comment

Working...