Threaded View

Hi Spencer. I am learning but still so much more to know. Should a doctor be able tell if you have miniaturization all over, just by looking with a magnifier? Or is a scalp biopsy neccasary? My derm wants to do a biopsy to see what or why . He thought I had chronic TE with contact dermitits. The contact dermitis has been ruled out. Dr. Redmond said the dermitis is caused from testosterone sensitivity and a testosterone blocker or birth control pills should be used. I am 60, so wonder also if menopause may be causing the sensitivty leading to the dermititis? I cannot find a good knowledgable doctor here who knows something. Most of the docs I have seen don't know their nose from their $%&^ as far as i'm concerned. I don't want to start a birth control pill that may increase my breast cancer chances . And by birth control, I assume that means the same as hormone replacement therapy? I also hate to start a testosterone blocker, which I assume he means spironolatone. In one of the post, Dr. Redmondwho responded to another person with dermitits, said,, spiro and T-Gel shampoo for 6 weeks should work. This is surprising that only 6 weeks are needed. This would be super great if so. Have you heard of this? I did ask you a question earlier, telling you I have a high dhea of 1200. Normal is about 375. So I'm way off the charts. I still have not heard from anyone regarding that. It seems there is nothing I can do to lower it. My level is high with no apparent reason. Had all the test to rule everything out. So I guess my hairloss which started with the dermitis is caused from testosterone sensitivity due to my high dhea? It looks like I'm doomed with a high dhea, and continued hair loss because of that, and I don't know which treatment I should do,.? birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy? Spiro?, Thanks for any help you may be able to offer. Kathy