+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ummm no pics tell it like it is. if ur too afraid to face reality then jus say so. but if ur only 10% at 5 months id say that doesnt look very good.

did u go to a well known doctor or did u jus pic the one that was cheapest? usually ppl making the claim of the biggest mistake in their life opted for a doctor that isnt recommended by many if anyone but is within ones price range so they roll the dice.....

so who was ur doctor? but, even if its a well known doctor there is still the "X" factor that some have and just arent good candidates for a HT no matter who perform it but in most cases its poor doctor skill which results in poor results.

Quote Originally Posted by monty3001 View Post
    Cos pics always make it look much worse or much better than it really is.

I know my yield is shit anyway. I don't need confirmation of that. Just looking for input from people on various stages of growth.

I've seen no improvement since 5 months. perhaps 10% improvement. Some part of the transplanted zone literally look like there area few pubes growing and thats it.

It's interesting what the doctor above wrote. I just find it hard to believe that all of a sudden I'm going to have the explosive growth needed to make this anything more than a waste of time, money and grafts. Grafts I have particularly limited supply of.

If I don't get decent coverage from this it'll be the single biggest mistake of my life.

deep breath......

Firstly,, no I wont be naming my doctor and removing any leverage I may have of a reimbursement for "potentially" but "probably" screwing my hair transplant up.

Secondly, I wont be taking pics neither. I have pics but frankly I can't be bothered to resize them for this site, nor do I care for feedback on them.

Thirdly, I went to a well known doctor

And finally. I'm 7 1/2 months and 10% is not accurate to be fair. 15% in an area, 30% in another and 50% in another is more accurate.

The thinnest areas I have are areas in which I have considerable pebble stoning. Where as the area with 50% growth has no pebble stoning.

Another issue I have is the number of follicle units containing more than one hair at the edge of the hair line.

I'm quite pissed off. I think ultimately the clinic have been trying to increase turnover and lost their finesse in the process.

Ah, so I get it... You want us, the forum users to offer you some sort of comfort/reassurance/hope/advice etc, but selfishly you'd rather withhold the Doc's info to help yourself even more, rather than helping the community who you expect to help you? Got it. . .

The reality, without pics nobody can give you solid advice. Perhaps your expectations were too high? A transplant is meant to give the illusion of density, not original density.

I looked at your post history and you were making post at 5.5, 6, and now 7 months with the same question. People ( including a doc on the previous page) have been telling saying the same thing the whole time.

IT'S TOO EARLY, YOU WILL NOT SEE THE FINAL RESULT UNTIL AT LEAST A YEAR AND UP TO 18 MONTHS

I always find it comical wen a patient gets a HT and isnt satisfied with his/her results and then somehow feels this loyalty to the Doctor that in their mind "Screwed" them over and are "quite pissed" about. that really jus makes me LOL.... reminds me of the stockholm syndrome smh

so wat is a "well known doctor" exactly? without pics dude ur wasting everyones time..... and btw PICS dont make it look better or worse, they make it look like the truth which you are apparently not coming to terms with.

u jus dont want to post em cause ur embarassed. not cause u think they will make the surgery look better! everyone here obviously has issues with hair and most are seeking or have had a HT so I really dont see the need to be embarassed about anything.

Hey - Try not worry too much as still early days. Growth times do vary.
    I hope this helps!

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hey - Try not worry too much as still early days. Growth times do vary.
    I hope this helps!

Regards
    Spex
    Hi Spex ta for input. Appreciate your feedback on this and all the info you put on the boards. Always come across very level and rational.

HOWEVER;-) My left side looks like it's actually gonna be fine where as right side and front in particular has very minimal growth and no changes and I mean legit no changes in the last 3 months approaching month 8. Also some cobble stoning etc indicating poor technique. I don't fancy my chances.

Cheers mate

Default Slow grower

I also have experienced little growth and am now 14 months post procedure. The advice I have been told is to use Nizoral shampoo and Regaine but to be patient . I share your frustration as I worry that I have done something wrong post procedure. I am giving it another month or two and then I will get back to the surgeon (who was reputable).

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus2020 View Post
    I also have experienced little growth and am now 14 months post procedure. The advice I have been told is to use Nizoral shampoo and Regaine but to be patient . I share your frustration as I worry that I have done something wrong post procedure. I am giving it another month or two and then I will get back to the surgeon (who was reputable).
    At 14 months post op you have all the growth you are going to get. Your doc is lying to you saying be patient.

My transplant with Dogganay was a total failure. I immediately used up my remaining grafts with another doc, Kesser, which was a resounding success. Sadly I have minimal grafts left for further loss.

Quote Originally Posted by monty3001 View Post
    At 14 months post op you have all the growth you are going to get. Your doc is lying to you saying be patient.

My transplant with Dogganay was a total failure. I immediately used up my remaining grafts with another doc, Kesser, which was a resounding success. Sadly I have minimal grafts left for further loss.
    I did go with a reputable surgeon though with countless good reviews. I don't know why else it could have failed though apart from a medical problems with my scalp for little growth (from Internet research ). I worry that I did something wrong post op but also heard that unless you banged your head a few days after operation then things would be okay.

Well I would say you'd have had to have a condition within the scalp itself if you have gotten no growth anywhere or it was a bad practice.

I would honestly like to say something positive but this reputable doc you used, should not be getting your hopes up at month 14. Everyone knows 98% of all growth is acheived by month 14. My second transplant, I had 80-90% by month 6. By month 8 it was pretty much done.

Him telling you to wait gives me massive alarm bells. I'd get a scalp biopsy if I were you and then have another shot at it with another doctor. Shapiro, Feriduni, Hasson or Wong, Rahal etc. As I say, I used Kesser cos he was affordable, no bad reviews, only does 500grafts per session and does all the work himself personally. Best decision I've made. No longer think about my hair, except further thinning whihc I'm just about controlling at 42 years of age.

Best of luck to you.