+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 23 M, Norwood 5-6

Hi all, as the title says I'm a 23yr old male and currently my hair is between a Norwood 5 and 6. It started when I was around 17-18, I used to have very thick hair and I always hated that it was so thick. Fast forward to now and I can tell you I wish I hadn't hated it. The top of my head is incredibly thin (almost completely bare) and my hairline is starting to receed very quickly so am now headed towards Norwood 7.

I've been with my current girlfriend for 6 years now so she has been around since the start, she has always been supportive and says she doesn't care but I know she must do at least a little bit. Everytime I'm out by myself, with her or even at work I can't help but feel eyes looking at me or others saying things and it's the worst feeling in the world. My dad is a Norwood 2 although I think this may just be his natural hairline as there's no history of MPB it in my family and my brother is now 18 and not experiencing anything like me at all. I have tried a multitude of treatments to halt it, slow it or even just grow a small bit back, all which have failed time and time again leading me to become more and more depressed and it has had a huge impact on my self esteem.

The final solution I am trying is Saw Palmetto, I've currently been using for 1.5 months but still my hairline continues to receed. I plan to stay on this for at least a year just to see but I really don't have any hope left that this will make any improvement when everything else has failed.

Is there anyone else who is a Norwood 5 or higher at my age, and how did you cope with it? So far I've been getting my hair cut shorter over the past few months and am just about ready to get it all done at a 1 but still don't think this is short enough and I really don't think I would suit it. Would appreciate any advice or similar stories anyone may have on how to deal with this because right now I don't know anyone experiencing hair loss this bad at my age I see so many people making posts on forums like this that they are Norwood 2 and whilst I am not starting a competition they are very lucky to not be heading toward a 7 at my age and I'd take Norwood 2 over this anyday

What treatments have you done? And that girls a keeper.

I have tried Regaine for around 2yrs with no new growth at all. Propecia I tried for 1 month but experienced sexual side effects so stopped right away. I've also tried using a range of oils, pumpkin and coconut, but after a few months every other night I finally stopped because it was not slowing and again there was no new growth, infact applying the oil was actually causing me to lose hair faster because it was so fragile to falling out. Last but not least I've tried lots of supplements such as Biotin, B6/B12, C, D, E, Iron, Zinc etc. I still continue to take these now but neither these or anything just mentioned have even remotely slowed the loss. It's slowing now but that's only because there's so little left.

Hair transplant maybe? You can also look into swisstemples stuff he claims he can grow hair on a bald scalp, idk how legit his methods are personally but they seem pretty science backed. He's also not trying to sell anything to you, which is a first.

I've thought about it although at the moment it's a bit out of my price range. I've also read in some places if you're a Norwood 7 then you aren't able to get it, or it won't be effective? Thanks for mentioning that method, looks like it worked pretty well for him and would be worth maybe giving a go. It looks quite an extensive routine though and took him a long time just to regrow a small area. I remember when I was using Regaine and using the various oils I would sometimes question whether it's worth dedicating so much time to it knowing that I would have to continue forever or for as long as I want to keep the results.

You have any pictures bro? And are you able to grow a beard out ? Why don't you try working out and getting fit? Having a nice toned body is a plus for any girl bald or not and makes up for it, but don't let this put you down so much bro there's always a way around this, bulk up add some tattoos(meaningful ones) and people will pay more attention to all that.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

You need to understand that the time to do maximal medical therapy is now. There are many non-surgical remedies that can help to combat your hair loss.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Here's a picture of what it's currently like. Don't be fooled by how thick the front area may look and what's still left on the top because it really isn't at all and is still falling out rapido daily. Compared to when I was younger, my hair was very and I mean very thick. Yes I am able to grow a full beard I can proudly say since the age of 14. I used to shave it all completely off but just recently have been trimming only to 1.5mm as I think some stubble makes me look a little older. I am trying to get myself back into some shape, I used to be a few years ago but got a little lazy since then and my biggest problem with tatoos is that I have quite a bit of body hair, although most of this has also been lost over the past few years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0143.jpg

Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	45285

Yea I see what you mean, I know its rough bro but like I said there are other ways to go about this and getting into shape is something to look into doing, I bet your girl would love to hold onto some nice toned out arms and forget all about the hair even though it seems she doesn't care about it now and that's awesome that she loves you for you and not appearances. As for the beard man that's a plus that you can grow a full beard, look at Jason statham or w.e. that guy looks great bald and the trimmed beard he has a nice frame Its doable. Don't think this is the end man cause its not, you still have a long life ahead this shouldn't stop you from doing the things you want to or being yourself and don't let hair loss win this battle.

1) My advice is to start propecia 2x week 0.5 mg and stick to this dose, and live with minor sexual side but not with a limp dick.

2) If this is not a option for you then cut the hair with a razer blade and move on.
    You did your best, now be a soldier and accept it. Next project should be bodybuilding and some kind of facial hair.

3) If this is also not an option, then seek help from a psychologist.