+ Reply to Thread

Question how can this result be real??

I just came across Dr Lorenzo as a recommendation from someone on the forum . . How can this result be "real" ??

https://vimeopro.com/user23345553/no...ideo/155325422

I mean . . The density is faaaaar better than any result I have seen. . yes its a lot of grafts but 1) how can the guy have so many grafts from donor and 2) how can you achieve such great results and better than any other surgeon like that? I can't find much more about this surgeon online. Anybody had first hand with him? Can anyone clarify the results?

Quote Originally Posted by djbfxtrader View Post
    I just came across Dr Lorenzo as a recommendation from someone on the forum . . How can this result be "real" ??

I mean . . The density is faaaaar better than any result I have seen. . yes its a lot of grafts but 1) how can the guy have so many grafts from donor and 2) how can you achieve such great results and better than any other surgeon like that? I can't find much more about this surgeon online. Anybody had first hand with him? Can anyone clarify the results?
    I'm not an expert but AFAIK the average person has 6000 grafts available in his donor area, so that's quite much. When he combs through it you see it's really not that dense. I guess his hair type helps (kind of wavy/messy combed back makes it look thicker than straight hair). I mean, you saw the video, how it not be real?

The patient has ideal characteristics - coarse, wavy hair, good donor density (2.5 hairs average per FU), "high sides", and he benefits from a combover effect in the crown.

It appears Dr Lorenzo did a very good job here (good graft survival rates, good placement etc). A lot of the difference between this result and other average results however, is due to the patient being above average.

The best results are seen in patients with ideal characteristics -- this really has to be repeated over and over. Not every guy is a good candidate. The better characteristics you have, the higher your odds of satisfaction. Picking a good competent and ethical doctor is also a factor too. Based on this one result, Lorenzo appears to be good, but there's nothing magical about his procedure. The important variable here is the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by djbfxtrader View Post

If longer hair is all moving in the same direction it looks much thicker. One thing I've learned is that at his age "having all your hair" usually means mild thinning. You have to have realistic results or it looks ridiculous.

Several things come in to play when you see a good result, hair length, hair style, hair diameter, cm2 of the surface area, and of the obvious hair count and yield, when everything is in line you can achieve that result, now mind you, if he were to cut his hair real short and stand in an elevator with overhead lighting, he would still appear to be thinning, the hair length and hair style really gives you that "illusion of density".