+ Reply to Thread

Default Been losing my hair for awhile now what should i do?

So I am basically a norwood 3 or 2. I have deep receding corners and it honestly has been receding when I was 17 years old now I am 24 years old. I have deep corners causing widows peak and thinning hair. I can see my scalp under harsh lighting, but I never really had thick hair to begin with.

My dads side is completely bald and my moms side has full thick hair. My brother has thinning hair but he has decent hairline and just less hair density. Right now I am taking lipogaine that I got on amazon, been taking it for 1 or 2 months now don't really see any results, but it says 3 months to 6months for results.

I wanna get a hair transplant in the future lower my hairline a bit and take out my receding corners and possibly fill in the frontal hair so more density. Anything I should do or take to reduce the hair falling out. I don't shampoo my head often cause I will see lots of hair on my hands.

You should shampoo to keep your hair and your scalp healthy. Not seeing them in the shower doesn't mean they're not falling out later. It's normal for a person to shed up to 100 hairs a day.

You've got a long way to go before jumping into a hair transplant. The first thing I'd do is get on Finasteride, it's one of the most proactive things you can do to battle hairloss. Research that and the
    'big 3'. Stabilizing your loss is the most important thing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TMAC12 View Post
    So I am basically a norwood 3 or 2. I have deep receding corners and it honestly has been receding when I was 17 years old now I am 24 years old. I have deep corners causing widows peak and thinning hair. I can see my scalp under harsh lighting, but I never really had thick hair to begin with.

My dads side is completely bald and my moms side has full thick hair. My brother has thinning hair but he has decent hairline and just less hair density. Right now I am taking lipogaine that I got on amazon, been taking it for 1 or 2 months now don't really see any results, but it says 3 months to 6months for results.

I wanna get a hair transplant in the future lower my hairline a bit and take out my receding corners and possibly fill in the frontal hair so more density. Anything I should do or take to reduce the hair falling out. I don't shampoo my head often cause I will see lots of hair on my hands.
    Get on finasteride or keep balding. Your call.

As for lipogaine, it's overpriced rogaine. But definitely stick with some kind of minoxidil, it will along with finasteride hold your hair for years and potentially give you some back. Give them a full year to work. A few months is nothing in hair loss treatment.

Okay I am using lipogaine atm. Where do I get finasteride? Also should I get these products?
    http://www.amazon.com/PURA-DOR-Anti-...1Y3FYC0GC3CTPT

and

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrax-Blockin...ds=finasteride

Quote Originally Posted by TMAC12 View Post
    Okay I am using lipogaine atm. Where do I get finasteride? Also should I get these products?
    http://www.amazon.com/PURA-DOR-Anti-...1Y3FYC0GC3CTPT

and

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrax-Blockin...ds=finasteride
    Both of those are useless for keeping your hair, do not buy. See a dermatologist to get finasteride.

okay I shall take a look at that. i also just bought a derma roller