+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    I tried to PM you but its not working, I had a similar hairloss pattern, I've attached my pre-op pics and most recent pics, now mind you, YOU HAVE TO HAVE REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS, I still have to style my hair in a way that makes it look like its thicker, it still looks thinner when soaking wet or when im in the sun, is this something you're willing to live with? if it is than you might be a good candidate, if its not then I suggest either SMP or a hair system. I just saw your recent pic, there is small bald spot where your donor area should be, is that Alopecia Areata? If so you may not be a candidate, if its just a scar then its no big deal.
    I don't know what that is actually lol, it's like a cyst that I've had since forever, it's a bump. How many surgeries did you get?? Do people notice you had a hair transplant?? Does it look like your hair before? What about the hairline??

Quote Originally Posted by blohan View Post
    I don't know what that is actually lol, it's like a cyst that I've had since forever, it's a bump. How many surgeries did you get?? Do people notice you had a hair transplant?? Does it look like your hair before? What about the hairline??
    I've had two surgeries, no one has noticed it's a transplant, no it doesn't look like my hair before I went bald, I had much thicker hair, you will never look like you did before especially with the level of loss you have now, my hair is an illusion, I'm happy with the hairline my expectations have been exceeded.

Before you do anything you should go to a doctor and have your donor area checked, that cyst is alarming, I don't know if you're prone to keloids if you are having FUE would be a terrible idea.

I've had two surgeries, no one has noticed it's a transplant, no it doesn't look like my hair before I went bald, I had much thicker hair, you will never look like you did before especially with the level of loss you have now, my hair is an illusion, I'm happy with the hairline my expectations have been exceeded.
    What was it like with just one surgery? I really wouldn't want to get more than one.

heyy HTSoon how do you style your hair like that? Like how do you come it back or to the side and get your hair to stand like that? Always been a fan of that hair style

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

You won't have enough scalp donor to treat the back. Hair quality and characteristics won't give you back what you once had. If you have attempted medical therapy and can be patient with the results of regrowth, then you can benefit. The cost may not be worth the effort, but if you want to help the crown with medication, and get surgery to restore the appearance of coverage in front, you have a chance of being more satisfied.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

What was it like with just one surgery? I really wouldn't want to get more than one.
    Not very good compared to now, with the level of loss you have you're going to need at least 3 or 4 surgeries to really get appropriate density, sounds like maybe your expectations and level of loss don't match, if you had minor balding then yea one surgery is enough, but you're norwood 6 you'll need at the very minimum 2 surgeries and your crown will still be bald. I will go in for my 3rd surgery later this year to touch up the midscalp and possibly the crown and I don't think ill be done for life. Before embarking on this journey, its a life long commitment remember that. You might be better off just getting a hair system or SMP.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreno515 View Post
    heyy HTSoon how do you style your hair like that? Like how do you come it back or to the side and get your hair to stand like that? Always been a fan of that hair style
    I blow dry my hair while combing the front up and the back to the side, then when its dry, I apply Paul Mitchell Reformer wax and hold it all together with Redken Working Wax. Thanks man, considering you have a man bun something I could never ever get that means alot.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTC Clinic View Post
    You won't have enough scalp donor to treat the back. Hair quality and characteristics won't give you back what you once had. If you have attempted medical therapy and can be patient with the results of regrowth, then you can benefit. The cost may not be worth the effort, but if you want to help the crown with medication, and get surgery to restore the appearance of coverage in front, you have a chance of being more satisfied.
    I don't really care about the crown, just the front, will one surgery be enough?

Not very good compared to now, with the level of loss you have you're going to need at least 3 or 4 surgeries to really get appropriate density, sounds like maybe your expectations and level of loss don't match, if you had minor balding then yea one surgery is enough, but you're norwood 6 you'll need at the very minimum 2 surgeries and your crown will still be bald. I will go in for my 3rd surgery later this year to touch up the midscalp and possibly the crown and I don't think ill be done for life. Before embarking on this journey, its a life long commitment remember that. You might be better off just getting a hair system or SMP.

I blow dry my hair while combing the front up and the back to the side, then when its dry, I apply Paul Mitchell Reformer wax and hold it all together with Redken Working Wax. Thanks man, considering you have a man bun something I could never ever get that means alot.
    I don't understand, how is there enough hair in the back for 3 or 4 surgeries?? How much would a surgery cost?

What about this case?? How many transplants did he have? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ayn...34A9A99D96A284

What about this case?? How many transplants did he have? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ayn...34A9A99D96A284
    That is a rare case and I think he had a few surgeries, just like joe Tillman the hair transplant mentor, my advice is if you're not willing to have at least a few surgeries I doubt you'll be happy with the results, unless you want to do strip, the guy you posted did strip surgery, you can get a lot of grafts but you'll have a strip scar for life, if one day you ever want to buzz your head because your baldness becomes too much, then you'll have that strip scar that will be visible. So it's up to you, you can try and get 4,000-5,000 grafts at once and try to cover as much as possible but you'll have a linear scar, or get FUE get more surgeries but won't have the linear scar.