+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blohan View Post
    I am really not into taking pictures, the first ones were brutal enough but I just found these ones taken on januray:

Attachment 45288Attachment 45289

I know in the first pictures the rest looks very thin but it doesn't look like that in real life and honestly, I haven't felt any hair loss in those areas in all my life, my sides above my ears have always been patchy and problematic since I was in high school and they feel the same to me, the back of my head feels the same to me too, and I usually buzz it down, and when it's buzzed the back of my head doesn't feel like it's lot any density at all. Not that it has any great density to begin with, it just hasn't changed to me.

Would the FUE scars be noticeable with a buzz cut?? I don't really want a strip surgery, there'd be no way to hide it.

This is horrific really, how can you even enjoy life looking like this?? Anyone that says otherwise is lying, I'm sorry.
    From these pictures you look Norwood 6, I suggest going to a in person consultation to a good reputable Doctor, do not waste your time sending online consults, most surgeons will turn you away, I had a similar hairloss and I've gained a lot back, of course my crown is still bald but it's something I can live with, in terms of FUE scars, this is what it looks like after 4,000 grafts

This is at a half guard almost zero

This is grown out a bit probably more like a two on the sides

I have a full thread on another forum pm me if you want the link.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    From these pictures you look Norwood 6, I suggest going to a in person consultation to a good reputable Doctor, do not waste your time sending online consults, most surgeons will turn you away, I had a similar hairloss and I've gained a lot back, of course my crown is still bald but it's something I can live with, in terms of FUE scars, this is what it looks like after 4,000 grafts

This is at a half guard almost zero

This is grown out a bit probably more like a two on the sides

I have a full thread on another forum pm me if you want the link.
    I'd like to see your thread, I live in Panama and I just don't know how good the doctors are, I only know of two cases, this guy I know had a hair transplant and now has like zero hair. Zero. I don't know his doctor and honestly I don't know how to ask. I know another case of a tv presenter here, he had one done, this is how he looks like: https://www.instagram.com/p/BB5NYBfSGTJ/ however he is always wearing caps, if you go through his instagram, you'll see.

This is his procedure video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPVT812mfUo

I have no idea if he's a good doctor and I wouldn't even begin to know what to look for, there isn't any board certification here or anything like that.

Oh really, and how do YOU look like?? I hope you are a NW1.
    lol

I look like this

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads...-after-12-yrs-)

Like I said I wasn't trying to be rude but in your 1st it looks like you 've lost your hair on the top.

You asked and I gave you my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    lol

I look like this

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads...-after-12-yrs-)

Like I said I wasn't trying to be rude but in your 1st it looks like you 've lost your hair on the top.

You asked and I gave you my opinion .
    Why do you wear your hair so short if you had a transplant? I don't get it.

Easier to manage , less stressful
    Just buzz it
    You don't have to think about putting gel in your hair, combing it and styling it a certain way.
    As others have said a HT has it's limitations and you have to have realistic expectations .
    I thought 1 would be it . I learned you need to go back for more as hair loss is progressive and I had no desire for any more HT's

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Easier to manage , less stressful
    Just buzz it
    You don't have to think about putting gel in your hair, combing it and styling it a certain way.
    As others have said a HT has it's limitations and you have to have realistic expectations .
    I thought 1 would be it . I learned you need to go back for more as hair loss is progressive and I had no desire for any more HT's
    You seem to have a lot of hair still and would not look balding with longer hair, why buzz it? I don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by blohan
    my sides above my ears have always been patchy and problematic since I was in high school and they feel the same to me, the back of my head feels the same to me too, and I usually buzz it down, and when it's buzzed the back of my head doesn't feel like it's lot any density at all. Not that it has any great density to begin with, it just hasn't changed to me.
    That lack of density is a problem. Your donor area is very thin already. You don't have much donor hair available, and you have a very large area you want to fix. Not everybody is a good candidate for a hair transplant. A person's individual characteristics will play an important role in how successful your results will be. Having a large balding area, and a thin looking donor area are two big strikes against you. The biggest problem with hair transplants is the issue of supply versus demand. The average donor supply is something like 6,000 grafts, up to about 10,000 in some ideal patients. But an entire bald scalp could require 12,000 to 15,000 grafts, just to give the "illusion of coverage" (not a "full head of hair" but just enough hair to not look obviously balding).

You're not a great candidate for surgery, so your results won't be impressive. You'll need to settle for a large balding area in the crown (and maybe mid scalp too). You'd have enough donor hair to do the frontal 1/3, the hairline and a little more.

You can go meet with doctors to get more information but beware, there are predatory clinics who only care about getting your money. They don't care what happens after that.

Your friend (in your photos) shaves his head, why not try doing what he does?

This are pictures taken today after a hair cut:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_184810[1].jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	45342Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_184834[1].jpg

Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	45343Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_184848[1].jpg

Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	45344

Can someone show me with pictures what possible results I could have? I already looked myself and some looked great and some looked horrific.

Is there a chance to look acceptable with just one surgery? How do you cope with the stigma of having had surgery?

Don't do it bro, I know what youre going through but a HT wont make you happy at this stage in your loss. Just shave it and hit the gym. I know how harsh that sounds but anyone who tells you that you can get a decent result at this stage is sugar coating the truth or trying to get your money. Don't make that mistake my friend

I'd like to see your thread, I live in Panama and I just don't know how good the doctors are, I only know of two cases, this guy I know had a hair transplant and now has like zero hair. Zero. I don't know his doctor and honestly I don't know how to ask. I know another case of a tv presenter here, he had one done, this is how he looks like: https://www.instagram.com/p/BB5NYBfSGTJ/ however he is always wearing caps, if you go through his instagram, you'll see.

This is his procedure video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPVT812mfUo

I have no idea if he's a good doctor and I wouldn't even begin to know what to look for, there isn't any board certification here or anything like that.
    I tried to PM you but its not working, I had a similar hairloss pattern, I've attached my pre-op pics and most recent pics, now mind you, YOU HAVE TO HAVE REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS, I still have to style my hair in a way that makes it look like its thicker, it still looks thinner when soaking wet or when im in the sun, is this something you're willing to live with? if it is than you might be a good candidate, if its not then I suggest either SMP or a hair system. I just saw your recent pic, there is small bald spot where your donor area should be, is that Alopecia Areata? If so you may not be a candidate, if its just a scar then its no big deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1538.jpg

Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	45345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1542.jpg

Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	45346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1543.jpg

Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	45347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3847.jpg

Size:	75.3 KB