+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Some questions on Finastride

If it lowers the conversion of testosterone to DHT too much, can one simply take the pill every couple of days in instead of every single day?

Does finastride itself basically just lower the amount of free range testosterone in your body, and hope it will prevent hairloss, amongst other possible effects that it would have on men?

From what I've read, I imagine that the human nervous system and body are very complicated and sensitive systems, and one must be careful to meddle with them. Obviously, others body's are more sensitive to certain shifts or mild alterations then others; but does it alone simply stop some of the DHT from being converted into chemical mechanisms that make men go bald...? or is it really just DHT and testosterone being whacked out and hoping for the best?

Oh come on, everyone is too good to reply to this thread? for god sakes, what's wrong with what I said?

There's a lot of stuff out there, and some of it's not even very accurate or has been written. What is everyone so afraid of?

There are a couple things wrong with what you said. Finasteride doesn't lower free testosterone, it increases it. Finasteride simply inhibits the type II and III Alpha 5-reductase, which is the enzyme that converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone. Simply put less testosterone is being converted and therefore more free test exist in the bloodstream. DHT is a strong factor in hairloss and less of it usually means less hairloss, its that simple. Every couple of days is fine. Theres an inhibition curve of 70% so taking more wont help. In regards to the complexity of the human nervous system, yes obviously the nervous system is very complicated. No on can give you a definitive answer on exactly how a 70% serum reduction in DHT effects brain chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    There are a couple things wrong with what you said. Finasteride doesn't lower free testosterone, it increases it. Finasteride simply inhibits the type II and III Alpha 5-reductase, which is the enzyme that converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone. Simply put less testosterone is being converted and therefore more free test exist in the bloodstream. DHT is a strong factor in hairloss and less of it usually means less hairloss, its that simple. Every couple of days is fine. Theres an inhibition curve of 70% so taking more wont help. In regards to the complexity of the human nervous system, yes obviously the nervous system is very complicated. No on can give you a definitive answer on exactly how a 70% serum reduction in DHT effects brain chemistry.
    Wow, so that sounds quite close to being the cure for baldness, isn't it? just a few short, it sounds like.

I'm guessing, they want to stop the hair follicle sensitivity to DHT, and not lower it altogether, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonless View Post
    Wow, so that sounds quite close to being the cure for baldness, isn't it? just a few short, it sounds like.

I'm guessing, they want to stop the hair follicle sensitivity to DHT, and not lower it altogether, don't they?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonless View Post

If you're very sensitive to DHT you will still go bald on finasteride, the more aggressive your hairloss the more aggressive your methods will have to be, dutasteride inhibits up to 93% DHT, that's pretty damn close to a cure in my opinion.

Sounds like you need to do some more research online and find out how this drug works, half life, how the body regenerates 5ar, etc.

Google is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMPB View Post
    Sounds like you need to do some more research online and find out how this drug works, half life, how the body regenerates 5ar, etc.

Google is your friend
    Okay yeah, after reading about the 5ar ezyme, I might not take it. That's very frightening. I still to this day, years after, think that I may have sustained some permanent damage from the anti depressants I used to take. So yeah, very leery of this stuff. *sigh*

I don't want to tamper with my body anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    If you're very sensitive to DHT you will still go bald on finasteride, the more aggressive your hairloss the more aggressive your methods will have to be, dutasteride inhibits up to 93% DHT, that's pretty damn close to a cure in my opinion.
    Well no, it's been fairly slow, but still steady enough. It's sort of almost halted for years, and I swore I just had a mature hairline; but recently decided to get a bit worse and now I am sure I have MPB. MY hair has also been affected by vitamin deficiency or something as well though. So I think, it's not as bad as it looks now. My hair looks all dry and shitty. But ah, it's just become so noticeable now.Before, it really was just a mature hair line.

Oh and I tried Nizoral, and no one believes me, but it made some of my hair fall out. So now it's even worse all over. I looked up "nizoral" shedding, and while others have experienced it, no one knows if it's permanent. In all likely hood, it's not, right?

And how much does the myth of your grandfather's on your mom side going bald mean for sure that you will? my grandfather lost all of his hair, but kept a norwood 2 until his 40s or 50s, and my father had a norwood 1 his whole life, and along with the fact that I'm a 4th Native American, to which they don't lose their hair. All the men on that side of the family, obviously have not lost any of their hair.

Aaaah, it sucks. My hair is still fuller then my grand fathers when he was my age, but still. My hairline has gone up my head a bit, but it's still pretty straight across, is that baldness? at which point does a mature hairline stop being that? everyone here said "MPD" but then said that I was only a norwood 2. Well, If I'm a norwood 2, even if it's still considered MPD, isn't there a chance it could at some point stop, mostly?

All the "mature hairline" none sense drives me nuts.

http://s13.postimage.org/lbxherh1j/K...ghairstyle.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...-yEnYURo0nWxJ2

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...vkO_Fsl_idg8bj

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/se...keys_85557.jpg

I look at them and I just think like, yeah, what's the difference? do they wear wigs, or are all secretly taking propecia or something? if it's so safe and effective, how come there are still bald or balding celebs.