Actually Is male pattern baldness treatable ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devilsmaycry
    • Dec 2015

Actually Is male pattern baldness treatable ?

I am really depressed as no article suggest a cure for Baldness.
    I m only 18. What should I do . I have receding hair line.
    I thought my parents would care if I tell them my feelings.
    So I said it to them but they don't care about my hair loss .
    If I said something when I am really depressed , my mom only make fun of me.
    I have lost all hope.
    I don't think they will ever understand because both of them never experience baldness and never will .

What am I supposed to do ? Don't know what to do or think .
    Even the slightest hope is gone when they hesitated to take me for treatment .

For a year, I keep telling my problems , they keep joking on me and says I'm not going bald . I even thought of suicide .But later I realized that if I did so, the only one who will have any kind of loss will be myself .

For the past 2 months or so I never said anything as I realized nothing is going to work on them .

The only hope left is in myself .
    Will there be any way to treat it if I earn money in the future.

Someone please be kind to tell me what to do .
    I am totally lost
  • Hubris
    • Jul 2015

There is no cure for baldness, but there are some effective treatments. Since you have 79 posts (as of the date I am responding), I assume you know about the big three: Finasteride; Minoxidil; and Ketoconazole? I would suggest you start Minoxidil and Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral) as soon as possible, and look into starting Finasteride in a couple of years.

Outside of the immediate future, there is likely to be at least one new effective treatment to hit the market over the next five to ten years. You can also get a hair transplant if you are able to afford it.

Comment

• devilsmaycry
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Hubris
      There is no cure for baldness, but there are some effective treatments. Since you have 79 posts (as of the date I am responding), I assume you know about the big three: Finasteride; Minoxidil; and Ketoconazole? I would suggest you start Minoxidil and Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral) as soon as possible, and look into starting Finasteride in a couple of years.

Outside of the immediate future, there is likely to be at least one new effective treatment to hit the market over the next five to ten years. You can also get a hair transplant if you are able to afford it.
      I didn't hear of Ketoconazole.

I don't have much money. But in future i will earn it .
      But I see many bad comments about transplantation .

Comment

• Hubris
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by devilsmaycry
        I didn't hear of Ketoconazole
        Ketoconazole = Nizoral shampoo. It's a good and cheap preventative treatment for someone such as yourself with early stage hair loss.

Comment

• devilsmaycry
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Hubris
          Ketoconazole = Nizoral shampoo. It's a good and cheap preventative treatment for someone such as yourself with early stage hair loss.
          When i look online , the price ranges from $2 to $20 .
          Which is original

Comment

• devilsmaycry
            • Dec 2015

I have a lot of problems .
            Along with these , hairloss is torturing me .
            I can't take it no more.
            I fell lost .

Comment

• Hubris
              • Jul 2015

I have a lot of problems .
              Along with these , hairloss is torturing me .
              I can't take it no more.
              I fell lost .
              I wouldn't worry too much about hair loss. If you follow the treatment I gave you on my earlier post, you'll be able to retain what you have until new and more effective treatments become available. You're only 18, so concentrate on school so you can make enough money to afford all of these treatments. These things in life are sent to test us and help us grow as human beings.

Comment

• jamesst11
                • Jun 2014

When i look online , the price ranges from $2 to $20 .
                Which is original
                Hey man, we all feel lost, you're not alone. We have told you time and time again about the ONLY treatments we currently have: finasteride or dutasteride, minoxidil, and ketoconazol shampoo... also experimentals, such as RU (which is what I am using.) You hair loss is minimal. If you are truly concerned and want to feel like you're doing something to stop it... stop posting trying to find relief here and call you dermatologists, do your research and make a decision. Will it work? Maybe.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                  • Jan 2011

We all felt that way, that's why we are in this forum. Get on finasteride(Propecia) and minoxidil(Rogaine) as soon as possible. Go to a dermatologist as soon as possible, hear what they have to say.

Comment

• mark8
                    • Oct 2015

If you feel depressed or lost it would be very good to talk to a counselor or psychologist if you can. Based on the things you wrote in this thread I think that could be very beneficial for you. (: Sometimes problems, as real as they are, can become way overblown in our minds, perhaps due to other factors. And this is a situation in which therapy can help a lot.

Comment

• devilsmaycry
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by jamesst11
                      Hey man, we all feel lost, you're not alone. We have told you time and time again about the ONLY treatments we currently have: finasteride or dutasteride, minoxidil, and ketoconazol shampoo... also experimentals, such as RU (which is what I am using.) You hair loss is minimal. If you are truly concerned and want to feel like you're doing something to stop it... stop posting trying to find relief here and call you dermatologists, do your research and make a decision. Will it work? Maybe.
                      I cant afford minoxidil and Propecia at present .
                      I'm not rich .
                      I continue writing here because i don't have anyplace else to express my feelings.
                      One other thin , I measured my forehead
                      it is 7 cm from middle to eyebrow and 8 cm from crown to eyebrow .
                      Is it normal size.
                      How lengthy is your forehead ??

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                        • Jan 2011

I cant afford minoxidil and Propecia at present .
                        I'm not rich .
                        I continue writing here because i don't have anyplace else to express my feelings.
                        One other thin , I measured my forehead
                        it is 7 cm from middle to eyebrow and 8 cm from crown to eyebrow .
                        Is it normal size.
                        How lengthy is your forehead ??
                        I see you say you are not rich, I am not rich either, far from it but what you can do is pick a reliable online pharmacy (inhouse) and just buy finasteride 5mg in bulk. I just purchased 180 Fincar tablets(finasteride 5mg) for $161-$10 dollar discount = $151. That will last me 720 days, that is roughly 2 years worth of finasteride. They expire May 2018. You don't have to go with the 180 tablet option, you can do the $89 dollar option which gives you 90 - 5mg tablets which will give you 360 days worth of fin, almost a full year. There's also 30 tablets and 60 tablets, which imo would not be enough to really assess what fin can do for you, but I meanit won't hurt to start with the 60 - 5mg tablets, they cost about $58 dollars and will last you 240 days. Before they finish you can just buy it again. Inhouse pharmacy is legit.

Kirkland's Minoxidil solution cost $28-$30 for 6 months supply.

Note: I am not a doctor, consult a dermatologist before getting on fin. Good luck.

Comment

• eugenix
                          • Mar 2016

Hi,

I would suggest you to see a dermatologist to diagnose the actual cause of male pattern baldness. It can be due to hormonal changes, lack of protein, genetic or heredity, pollution and many other causes. you age is twenty and if you're thinking to get hair transplant then you're not a right candidate for hair transplant.

So, first consult a hair doctor near you. You can use home remedies that actually helps to prevent hair loss.

If you've any question then please let me know.

I hope this will help you.

Comment

• Baldcured
                            • Mar 2016

Baldness is curable if you apply donor urine therapy. Donor must be absolutely healthy woman and should not use hormonal contraception. I applied Urine my wife, one year long, and grew my hair on bald areas of the head. My bald head is now covered with hair. It's no fun, even faramceutickż industry uses woman's urine to produce hormonal drugs.
                            Last edited by Baldcured; 03-21-2016, 01:25 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Working...