+ Reply to Thread

Default PROPECIA and shedding

I started taking Propecia 8 months ago and I saw results within 3-4 months. No sides! It has now been 8 months and I am starting to see some shedding. I am getting concerned that the Propecia has stopped working or is it just normal to shed here and there on this drug? Could my hair just be going through a natural shedding phase the same if I was not loosing hair? Has anyone had the same thing happen? There have been a few weekends where I didn't take the Propecia so I wondered if missing a few doses could cause it.

My DHT was measured and it was below normal while on the drug so why would I loose hair from DHT if my blood levels were not even in the normal range?

I know you all may not know the the answers to my concerns but any input helps! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1960 View Post
    I started taking Propecia 8 months ago and I saw results within 3-4 months. No sides! It has now been 8 months and I am starting to see some shedding. I am getting concerned that the Propecia has stopped working or is it just normal to shed here and there on this drug? Could my hair just be going through a natural shedding phase the same if I was not loosing hair? Has anyone had the same thing happen? There have been a few weekends where I didn't take the Propecia so I wondered if missing a few doses could cause it.

My DHT was measured and it was below normal while on the drug so why would I loose hair from DHT if my blood levels were not even in the normal range?

I know you all may not know the the answers to my concerns but any input helps! Thanks.
    Hair is cycling out is the likely cause. Stick with it.

I am useing useing aindeem finisteride, I had long hair cut my hair shirt and it seemed like my hair loss had stopped and the fin had kicked in, my hair was think when I cut it, I am now loosing my hair at a rapid speed never had been this quick at all, my skin is a little oily and the hairs I shed are very thin and have no life in them at all, some hairs are ok tho, I've been on fin for around 4 months now and don't know if it's rite for me I had a full head of hair it's making me very depressed constantly looking for answers could anybody shed some light on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1960 View Post

How did this situation proceed? Still on fin?