+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: beyond help?

Default beyond help?

I was wondering if finasteride and noxiril would even work at this point. Heres a pick of what my hair looked like before? I went chrome dome. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1050.jpg

Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	45080 sorry picture is so tiny.... its just how the attacthment thing made it.

I have seen people in your scenario benefit drastically from a combination of the two. Will you? No one knows. Fin and minox seem to work well on the crown and midscalp, so you could potentially thicken that up.

thanks. I appreciate the encouragement. I just gotta break down and buy the pills.

You could give it a try, I would also imagine that a combination would yield the best results.

There is a guy in this video, who made ok hair recovery
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu2Ht3lCS3I

I'm trying to avoid using Rogaine. It's to expensive to use permanently. Plus it really smells and is extremely messy. I will be using the other two though.

Here are some encouraging before and after photos of patients who want hair transplants but are first put on hair loss medication(minoxidil, finasteride).

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...gallery/page/1

I see you don't want to use Rogaine because of its price, why don't you use Kirklands minoxidil solution instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Liachem View Post
    I'm trying to avoid using Rogaine. It's to expensive to use permanently. Plus it really smells and is extremely messy. I will be using the other two though.
    I would definitely reconsider this. 1) you can get the generic FOAM, which is not mess at all and super cheap. Go on Amazon and look up kirklands minoxidil. The foam dries quick and leaves little residue. 2) Minoxidil is a critical part of this treatment. With finasteride you are reducing DHT, which will allow the follicle to "survive", but in most cases, you won't have large regrowth... possible, yes, but with minoxidil you are drastically increasing your chances of getting regrowth.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Liachem; 02-23-2016 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Deleted, Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I would definitely reconsider this. 1) you can get the generic FOAM, which is not mess at all and super cheap. Go on Amazon and look up kirklands minoxidil. The foam dries quick and leaves little residue. 2) Minoxidil is a critical part of this treatment. With finasteride you are reducing DHT, which will allow the follicle to "survive", but in most cases, you won't have large regrowth... possible, yes, but with minoxidil you are drastically increasing your chances of getting regrowth.

I see what your saying. The kirklands foam is just as expensive as Rogaine though and most of what I could find wasn't even a foam it was just the topical solution with he eye dropper. Which I've tried before and couldn't keep using it. I mean doing that for two days for the rest of life seems a bit mundane and I think would interfere with my life style. However, I've taken what you said into consideration and I found a cheap brand of mix foam. Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WKZ...minoxidil+foam have you ever tried this? The price is cheap for a 3 months supply. Only 20 bucks. If I went with the mix and fin treatment is prolly use this.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Of course, you could see a thickening effect by starting the medical therapy, but there's no way to predict how much regrowth you might see. You'll need to commit to them for at least one year to notice the benefits.

All the best
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux