+ Reply to Thread

Default I'm A Few Week From 28 Years Old I Just Started Finasteride/Propecia Please Help?

So I stated this topic awhile back stating I was 27 and at a crossroads in my life it's in the link below:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...167#post231167

I was reading all of these horror stories online about propecia/finasteride. I have Proscar and I'm cutting it into 4ths. In any case, it's still very scary taking this but I took the plunge today for the first time. It's very nerve racking to think what might/could happen. What can I do to ease anxiety and what should I be focused on? I'm in college so I'm hoping this of course doesn't take any toll on my health?

The only thing I can say on my first day taking this is my supportive 28 years old friend also decided to take his first pill today too. (He also has a receding hairline and baldness forming) We both feel what I would describe as loopy. Almost like we are on an Anti-Depressant or something. I can't tell if this is in my head or not but I feel almost giddy Not like it's a horrible or even bad side-effect or if it's even experience side effects at all at this point at all on the first day? Maybe this is just in our heads?

What should I do at this point guys? Should I also take photos to see about improvements? What's the next step?

I would take a deep breath and have total confidence that if finasteride doesn't destroy your libido, at least it might destroy your hair. hahaha... seriously though, get out of your own head. take it and forget about it. the chances of any sides becoming permanent are nill to none.

I will say that a good portion of the night and the day today hours after taking it I've been feeling very sick like dizzy/queezy etc. I had fast food though earlier so I feel like that's a more likely cause than the pill I took and I don't think dizziness is even listed as a potential side effect

It seems to me that the most common side effect of Propecia is placebo of side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
    It seems to me that the most common side effect of Propecia is placebo of side effects.
    That's probably true. For one thing it causes you to pay attention to every little thing your body is doing. For starters not only does it cause that but people take problems that would have happened anyway and attribute them to the pills. Believe it or not and I should go to the doctor for this but I've had watery semen that concerns me for almost a year now. (Long before taking propecia). I'm just thinking if I took this a year ago before I started having the e watery semen problem I'd totally attribute it to the drug even though it would likely have nothing to do with it and the watery semen would continue even after I quit taking it.

i ve been taking proscar like you cut in 4ths, for 12 years with good result,i was fine the first 11 bc i stayed away from forums,the one time i started to read about my mind started to look for sides unintentionally,if it gets in your head you will experience phantom sides. i got it out of my head quick and back to normal.I urge you to stop obsessing with it and enjoy, if you do get sided your body will tell you ,untill then '' hair up'' and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by vtheripper View Post
    i ve been taking proscar like you cut in 4ths, for 12 years with good result,i was fine the first 11 bc i stayed away from forums,the one time i started to read about my mind started to look for sides unintentionally,if it gets in your head you will experience phantom sides. i got it out of my head quick and back to normal.I urge you to stop obsessing with it and enjoy, if you do get sided your body will tell you ,untill then '' hair up'' and good luck
    For some reason though today even after one dose I feel extremely weird but I'm chalking it up to psychological/placebo reasons. I have sort of felt out of it and like my balls do indeed hurt or something. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not even scientifically possible to experience sides like that after one dose?

Inactive

I've been on it for a year and a half as well and I genuinely believe that the vast majority of the time I had the thought that I was experiencing a side effect, it was really nothing more than my mind playing tricks on me.

What I've found to be the most helpful is to take the pill daily with my other vitamins and just forget about it. Once you do this, you stop becoming so hyper sensitive to every little thing that your body does and can just sit back and get on with life.

That's my experience anyway.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Now that I've taken it a few more days too I can honestly say that I really don't think anything is happening to me at all. The fact that I really have to go out of my way to find things happening to me indicates there's probably nothing at all. I've had no problems with erections really in fact if anything I feel like I might be getting hornier and having more erections than before as crazy as that is. That all said, there are still a ton of people online that are like "you're going to CRASH eventually" or "just wait until you have to stop taking it you're in for a surprise" basically negative stuff that indicates that I'm going to get sides and or PFS in the very near future.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by coderz View Post
    Now that I've taken it a few more days too I can honestly say that I really don't think anything is happening to me at all. The fact that I really have to go out of my way to find things happening to me indicates there's probably nothing at all. I've had no problems with erections really in fact if anything I feel like I might be getting hornier and having more erections than before as crazy as that is. That all said, there are still a ton of people online that are like "you're going to CRASH eventually" or "just wait until you have to stop taking it you're in for a surprise" basically negative stuff that indicates that I'm going to get sides and or PFS in the very near future.
    You seem to be taking a very healthy approach to this. Keep blocking out all the negative talk of people that will insist that it's just a matter of time until it all comes crashing down on you. Take your medication as nonchalantly as you can and get on with your life. The less you stress and obsess, the better off you'll be. And on the small chance that you start experiencing actual side effects, you can always speak to your physician and lower the dosage.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.