Dr. Hakan Dogonay & Dr. Koray Erdogan (Turkey)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djbfxtrader
    • Jul 2015

Dr. Hakan Dogonay & Dr. Koray Erdogan (Turkey)

I am still in the process of choosing a surgeon for my first FUE treatment. I am based in the UK and I am exploring the UK options and Europe (Belgium & Turkey) Options.

I have received online consultations from The two surgeons above in Turkey. From the pictures on their websites I think their work is amazing but I would love to get a first hand account from anyone who has experienced their work? Can anybody give me an account of their work OR point me in the direction of somebody who can?

This would be HUGELY appreciated, also any other advice you could offer on surgeons in UK/Europe would be much appreciated
  • djbfxtrader
    • Jul 2015

No replies and so many views is . . somewhat concerning

Comment

• suarez
      • Nov 2015

There's plenty of information about both on this and other forums.In a nutshell , Doganay has recently been criticised due to the actual input he puts into the surgeries himself with bad results being reported over the past year or so. There are some lenghty threads devoted to this .

Erdogan's clinic often posts very good results but sometimes suggests far higher graft numbers than other surgeons in online consultations .

Search the forums and you'll find the relevant threads.

Comment

• suarez
        • Nov 2015

Just to add . the surgeons in Belgium get very good reviews .

As far as elsewhere in Europe , Dr Lorenzo is considered one of the best in FUE .

Comment

• jamesst11
          • Jun 2014

there have been some members that have showed pretty amazing results from Doganay... that being said, Erdogon would be my personal preference. His results look very clean and he does impressive things with density. I am currently saving up to fly to Turkey and get one done, hopefully by late fall.

Comment

• djbfxtrader
            • Jul 2015

Originally posted by jamesst11
            there have been some members that have showed pretty amazing results from Doganay... that being said, Erdogon would be my personal preference. His results look very clean and he does impressive things with density. I am currently saving up to fly to Turkey and get one done, hopefully by late fall.
            Hey Jamesst11! I would PM you but I have no idea how to do that on here? It won't let me for some reason, also Suarez thanks for your replies. James, How can I contact you direct? It seems we share a lot of the same views and I also am seriously considering Erdogan now, would be good to chat to you!

Comment

• Sean
              • Jan 2011

Have you gotten graft estimates from any other surgeon? You may be surprised at the graft differences. If I were you, id research more as you shouldnt use a lot of grafts if you do not have to. Start slow and break up a procedure to maintain adequate graft yield or etc. have you consulted with docs like Dr Lupanzula, Dr Karadeniz, Dr Konior etc?

Comment

• Sean
                • Jan 2011

I do not think there is a way to PM here. You may need to express your concern on this forums in threads
                Last edited by Winston; 02-28-2016, 04:29 PM. Reason: PM functionality has never been enabled on this forum. Please refer to our TOS concerning Off- Board Contact

Comment

• YouOnlyLiveOnce
                  • Feb 2016

Dr. Koray Erdogan is a magician. His photobucket was unlocked so you can go sift through all the results. It's clear that everything is on the up and up. I don't think I've ever seen an unhappy patient from him.

Comment

• Oyster
                    • Jan 2012

They are both good. And hey, what we all need to understand is that there isn't any single surgeon without any bad result, that simply doesn't exist. They all have bad results somewhere. But the point is how frequently do they have it.. And this depends on the experience, qualifications, materials used during an operation.

Recently I came across some poor results of Dr. Doganay. I find it normal for someone who does an operation everyday. Of course some people will be dissatisfied, and it usually happens because they don't follow what's suggested as post-op. care.

And yes, we don't see bad results from Dr. Erdogan. And yes, he is very good. But how likely can you find a bad result of someone on a website which recommends him? You can't even enter your comments under his messages.
                    He is known by his aggressive frontal hairlines. That's all we are after, right?
                    But what if you are a young candidate and they use majority of your donor for fixing the front only? Wouldn't it be an issue if you need a second op?

I sounded like I'm judging their work but I'm not. I think they are both good surgeons, and there is only a handful of real hair surgeons in Turkey anyway.

Comment

• JoeTillman
                      • Jul 2014

Of course some people will be dissatisfied, and it usually happens because they don't follow what's suggested as post-op. care.
                      Name one case online where the result was bad and it was because the patient was to blame. Just one, please. If this is "usually" the case then it should be fairly simple to find and reference.

And yes, we don't see bad results from Dr. Erdogan. And yes, he is very good. But how likely can you find a bad result of someone on a website which recommends him?
                      One would be very likely to see a complaint if there were a complaint that was verified as being legitimate. They exist on this website as well as others (of many surgeons, not talking about Dr. Erdogan specifically). One cannot make a comment on doctor results posts because if a patient agrees to allow their photos to be used online for reference then it means they are happy with their result so who are we to judge and criticize if WE don't like the result?

I disagree that Dr. Erdogan is known for aggressive hairlines. I've seen his work and met the man, and spent time in his clinic and with his patients. I think he's known for bigger FUE sessions and excellent hairline work in general as opposed to "aggressive" hairlines.
                      Joe Tillman
                      The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
                      See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• Oyster
                        • Jan 2012

Hey Joe,

Quoting only one part from my post doesn't perfectly reflect what I wanted to say.
                        I have several friends who personally told me they didn't really follow the post-op care they were given because they forgot or didn't do it right and gave up.
                        Even one friend said instead of joining the post-op session? or whatever its called, he went to visit tomb of someone (he is quite religious) to pay his respects.

So it doesn't have to be online, isn't it? And I don't have to write my thoughts based on the information I found online solely?

And honestly, who would go online and write " my results are not good, but because I didn't follow the post-op care they have provided, and surgeon X is very good"?

You are assuming every single patient follows the guidelines I guess but my own friends are good examples it's not the case always

I just don't like when people judge good surgeons unfairly and put the blame on them immediately. I like to stay suspicious and call things into question.
                        Saying that, I haven't seen any of them face to face, so maybe they deserve it hehe :P

Comment

• suarez
                          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Oyster
                          Hey Joe,

Quoting only one part from my post doesn't perfectly reflect what I wanted to say.
                          I have several friends who personally told me they didn't really follow the post-op care they were given because they forgot or didn't do it right and gave up.
                          Even one friend said instead of joining the post-op session? or whatever its called, he went to visit tomb of someone (he is quite religious) to pay his respects.

So it doesn't have to be online, isn't it? And I don't have to write my thoughts based on the information I found online solely?

And honestly, who would go online and write " my results are not good, but because I didn't follow the post-op care they have provided, and surgeon X is very good"?

You are assuming every single patient follows the guidelines I guess but my own friends are good examples it's not the case always

I just don't like when people judge good surgeons unfairly and put the blame on them immediately. I like to stay suspicious and call things into question.
                          Saying that, I haven't seen any of them face to face, so maybe they deserve it hehe :P
                          What exactly is this post op care that patients are not following and therefore responsible for a poor HT outcome ?

The post op care reccommended by surgeons is pretty straightforward and common sense . You'd have to be somewhat negligent post op for it to result in a poor outcome .

Comment

• hyte
                            • Sep 2016

JoeTillman what do you think about Dr Doganay? I have booked my HT with him in 3 weeks but just getting worried with his recent quality drop. however they are assuring me that he is doing the whole planting procedure, I would like t think that having all that bad press recently made him wanting to fix it and start taking quality over quantity

Comment

Working...