+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Dr. Hakan Dogonay & Dr. Koray Erdogan (Turkey)

I am still in the process of choosing a surgeon for my first FUE treatment. I am based in the UK and I am exploring the UK options and Europe (Belgium & Turkey) Options.

I have received online consultations from The two surgeons above in Turkey. From the pictures on their websites I think their work is amazing but I would love to get a first hand account from anyone who has experienced their work? Can anybody give me an account of their work OR point me in the direction of somebody who can?

This would be HUGELY appreciated, also any other advice you could offer on surgeons in UK/Europe would be much appreciated

No replies and so many views is . . somewhat concerning

There's plenty of information about both on this and other forums.In a nutshell , Doganay has recently been criticised due to the actual input he puts into the surgeries himself with bad results being reported over the past year or so. There are some lenghty threads devoted to this .

Erdogan's clinic often posts very good results but sometimes suggests far higher graft numbers than other surgeons in online consultations .

Search the forums and you'll find the relevant threads.

Just to add . the surgeons in Belgium get very good reviews .

As far as elsewhere in Europe , Dr Lorenzo is considered one of the best in FUE .

there have been some members that have showed pretty amazing results from Doganay... that being said, Erdogon would be my personal preference. His results look very clean and he does impressive things with density. I am currently saving up to fly to Turkey and get one done, hopefully by late fall.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    there have been some members that have showed pretty amazing results from Doganay... that being said, Erdogon would be my personal preference. His results look very clean and he does impressive things with density. I am currently saving up to fly to Turkey and get one done, hopefully by late fall.
    Hey Jamesst11! I would PM you but I have no idea how to do that on here? It won't let me for some reason, also Suarez thanks for your replies. James, How can I contact you direct? It seems we share a lot of the same views and I also am seriously considering Erdogan now, would be good to chat to you!

Exclamation

Have you gotten graft estimates from any other surgeon? You may be surprised at the graft differences. If I were you, id research more as you shouldnt use a lot of grafts if you do not have to. Start slow and break up a procedure to maintain adequate graft yield or etc. have you consulted with docs like Dr Lupanzula, Dr Karadeniz, Dr Konior etc?

I do not think there is a way to PM here. You may need to express your concern on this forums in threads
    Last edited by Winston; 02-28-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: PM functionality has never been enabled on this forum. Please refer to our TOS concerning Off- Board Contact

Dr. Koray Erdogan is a magician. His photobucket was unlocked so you can go sift through all the results. It's clear that everything is on the up and up. I don't think I've ever seen an unhappy patient from him.

They are both good. And hey, what we all need to understand is that there isn't any single surgeon without any bad result, that simply doesn't exist. They all have bad results somewhere. But the point is how frequently do they have it.. And this depends on the experience, qualifications, materials used during an operation.

Recently I came across some poor results of Dr. Doganay. I find it normal for someone who does an operation everyday. Of course some people will be dissatisfied, and it usually happens because they don't follow what's suggested as post-op. care.

And yes, we don't see bad results from Dr. Erdogan. And yes, he is very good. But how likely can you find a bad result of someone on a website which recommends him? You can't even enter your comments under his messages.
    He is known by his aggressive frontal hairlines. That's all we are after, right?
    But what if you are a young candidate and they use majority of your donor for fixing the front only? Wouldn't it be an issue if you need a second op?

I sounded like I'm judging their work but I'm not. I think they are both good surgeons, and there is only a handful of real hair surgeons in Turkey anyway.