+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Of course some people will be dissatisfied, and it usually happens because they don't follow what's suggested as post-op. care.
    Name one case online where the result was bad and it was because the patient was to blame. Just one, please. If this is "usually" the case then it should be fairly simple to find and reference.

And yes, we don't see bad results from Dr. Erdogan. And yes, he is very good. But how likely can you find a bad result of someone on a website which recommends him?
    One would be very likely to see a complaint if there were a complaint that was verified as being legitimate. They exist on this website as well as others (of many surgeons, not talking about Dr. Erdogan specifically). One cannot make a comment on doctor results posts because if a patient agrees to allow their photos to be used online for reference then it means they are happy with their result so who are we to judge and criticize if WE don't like the result?

I disagree that Dr. Erdogan is known for aggressive hairlines. I've seen his work and met the man, and spent time in his clinic and with his patients. I think he's known for bigger FUE sessions and excellent hairline work in general as opposed to "aggressive" hairlines.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Hey Joe,

Quoting only one part from my post doesn't perfectly reflect what I wanted to say.
    I have several friends who personally told me they didn't really follow the post-op care they were given because they forgot or didn't do it right and gave up.
    Even one friend said instead of joining the post-op session? or whatever its called, he went to visit tomb of someone (he is quite religious) to pay his respects.

So it doesn't have to be online, isn't it? And I don't have to write my thoughts based on the information I found online solely?

And honestly, who would go online and write " my results are not good, but because I didn't follow the post-op care they have provided, and surgeon X is very good"?

You are assuming every single patient follows the guidelines I guess but my own friends are good examples it's not the case always

I just don't like when people judge good surgeons unfairly and put the blame on them immediately. I like to stay suspicious and call things into question.
    Saying that, I haven't seen any of them face to face, so maybe they deserve it hehe :P

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    Hey Joe,

Quoting only one part from my post doesn't perfectly reflect what I wanted to say.
    I have several friends who personally told me they didn't really follow the post-op care they were given because they forgot or didn't do it right and gave up.
    Even one friend said instead of joining the post-op session? or whatever its called, he went to visit tomb of someone (he is quite religious) to pay his respects.

So it doesn't have to be online, isn't it? And I don't have to write my thoughts based on the information I found online solely?

And honestly, who would go online and write " my results are not good, but because I didn't follow the post-op care they have provided, and surgeon X is very good"?

You are assuming every single patient follows the guidelines I guess but my own friends are good examples it's not the case always

I just don't like when people judge good surgeons unfairly and put the blame on them immediately. I like to stay suspicious and call things into question.
    Saying that, I haven't seen any of them face to face, so maybe they deserve it hehe :P
    What exactly is this post op care that patients are not following and therefore responsible for a poor HT outcome ?

The post op care reccommended by surgeons is pretty straightforward and common sense . You'd have to be somewhat negligent post op for it to result in a poor outcome .

JoeTillman what do you think about Dr Doganay? I have booked my HT with him in 3 weeks but just getting worried with his recent quality drop. however they are assuring me that he is doing the whole planting procedure, I would like t think that having all that bad press recently made him wanting to fix it and start taking quality over quantity