+ Reply to Thread

Default Dont mean to vent.

Ive been trying to post pictures of my hair loss but I haven't been able to due to bad lighting or the photo won't load but anyways, would you say being Hispanic and balding is a bad look? Especially having such a young facial feature?. I am 24 years old and my uncle went bald at 30 he never seemed to care and my dad still has his hair although my uncle said my dad has always had thin hair to where he always thought my dad would be bald before himhim but my dad is 43 and still has his hair, strong crown but high hair line still I wouldn't complain with that..my dad wears his hair short like a number 2 so he always tells me if he wohld have went bald a long time ago he wouldn't have cared but there dad went bald early like my grandma said in his 20s when she noticed it. How do I gain that type of confidence? My moms side has no early signs of balding all my uncles have hair and they are 50 but my grandfather started balding around mid 50s. Am I in danger of losing hair? I am still trying to post pictures and will soon.

Personally, I think Hispanics look the best bald

Inactive

Do Hispanics look good bald? I don't think there's a universal answer for this, as it has to do with facial aesthetics, head size, etc. and not simply your race. However, I will say that my best friend is Hispanic and losing his hair and he told me the other day he thinks it makes him look sexy. So there's that...

How do I gain that type of confidence?
    Confidence is something that comes from within you - and I will tell you this without hesitation: Confidence is attractive. Confidence is sexy. Confidence makes you desirable. It all comes from knowing deep down who you are and what you have to offer. Do you believe in yourself? Do you think you're great? Are you kind and thoughtful and considerate of others? Are you genuinely interested in the lives of those around you? These are the types of things that make people want to be around you, and in turn make you more confident. They give your life a different meaning and allow you to look outside yourself.

It sounds like you come from a great family, so if I were you I'd take advantage of that and open up to them, particularly the men in your family. What is it about them that gives them that extra jump in their step?

And I understand completely that we live in a different era than they did and that we place so much pressure on ourselves to meet society's standards - and there's nothing inherently wrong with wanting to achieve certain things and desiring physical attributes (like a full head of hair). Fortunately, we live in a world where there are options/potential "solutions" to hair loss, so if you ever do lose your hair, there may be something you can do about it. BUT, if for some reason you find that there's not a viable solution that suits you, you truly do have it within you to learn to be happy and confident with or without the hair you want.

Happiness and inner peace is always ours if we choose. That's not lip service. It's truth.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.