+ Reply to Thread

Default About to try Finistride at 40

Hi,i'm new here & like a lot of people i've been in denial about loosing my hair & or putting off treating it.
    I'm 40 years old & have a small thinning patch at my crown & after trying things like Alpacin with no joy i'm thinking of going down the Fin route.
    I'm really interested to know if shedding was common & i'd also like to hear about your positive finistride experiences,god knows i've researched enough on the side effects lol. I figure out at this point in time i have nothing left to loose,except maybe more hair lol.
    Thanks in advance for any advice

hi man, im a 22 yo guys , taking propecia since almost 2 years .

All i can say is that all the stories of side effect are some bullshit .

Ive got no sides , and no result too .

So you can give it a try, you ve got nothing to lose .

Side effects are real and something you should take into consideration.

After 1 year on fin 1.25 mg every day with bad side effects, I have switch to 3x week m-w-f and there is a considerable difference in the lower region.

Mainstream advice is to use recommended dosage and nothing wrong about that but if you are starting with fin after the age of 35-40, then a lower dosage might be enough to halt hair loss and still avoid bad side effects.

I had shedding a few times, 2 x between 1-3 month and 1 around 9 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Side effects are real and something you should take into consideration.

After 1 year on fin 1.25 mg every day with bad side effects, I have switch to 3x week m-w-f and there is a considerable difference in the lower region.

Mainstream advice is to use recommended dosage and nothing wrong about that but if you are starting with fin after the age of 35-40, then a lower dosage might be enough to halt hair loss and still avoid bad side effects.

I had shedding a few times, 2 x between 1-3 month and 1 around 9 month.
    What were your side effects? Jw

For me:
    Bad side effects the lower region = generally very weak mental or physical sex drive, low interest in opposite sex, more numbness and weak feeling / Orgasm.

Size has also shrunk a lot, when not erect but once it wakes up, size looks all most normal.

It should be noted, that I have below average testosterone, so I am not surprised that I would get some side effects.

Generally setbacks don't affect me much, so it is hard for me to be really depressed but I could feel some small mental negative changes, more sad and depress, more passive.
    But it was nothing major.
    If you are young and mentality sensitive, then be alert about your mental state if you use fin.

It could also be that I have lost interest in females and that has made my life more dark and oblique.

Damn sorry to hear that man.

Most cloud has a silver lining, we men are prisoners of our sex drive. Yes sex can be good, but what a relief,
    I have been able to put time into other projects.

Life is a journey and we all have to die one day, and I believe that we were born with a higher purpose.

Anyway sex and food, are similar, it is a bottomless well / pit, that will never be permanently satisfied.
    There is nothing wrong trying to fulfill our daily needs, even sleep but it should me us stronger not weaker.

Sometimes I feel, that I am using too much time on the opposite sex, especially right after sex
    Yes it makes us feel good but perhaps logically, not the best trade...

Quote Originally Posted by michel sapin View Post
    hi man, im a 22 yo guys , taking propecia since almost 2 years .

All i can say is that all the stories of side effect are some bullshit .

Ive got no sides , and no result too .

So you can give it a try, you ve got nothing to lose .
    Maybe for you, for others not so

Thanks for all the advice guys,it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm torn between trying fin & risking the sides for just carrying on with nanogen to camouflage my small thinning patch. The scary thing is that small patches sometimes turn into large ones if left untreated. Thanks again guys xx