+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Your life after a HAIR TRANSPLANT ?!

I Know everyone on this forum care about their hair allot, and allot of you have taken action by getting a HT.

I want to hear your story what changed after your HT?

Didn't want to go back for more HT's so I decided to buzz it because my scar's not that bad. End of story I don't stress about it anymore

Have regained a lot of confidence, I hardly wear hats anymore, I shaved my head a year before getting surgery so I knew I wanted hair, will be going for my third procedure this year.

destroyed most of my life... have lived in anxiety, fear and depression for two straight years and have destroyed every relationship I have been in. Still have trouble seeing my family and friends and I don't go out to bars or restaurants anymore. Was filled with paralyzing anxiety and fear on my Birthday, my Nephews Birthday, Easter and Christmas. ***Lesson to all those not to get a hair transplant when the time isn't right and they haven't stabilized their loss.***

Been living like a recluse with no social life whatsoever for the past decade and half and always wearing a cap. 6 HTs and close to 5000 grafts later and I have less hair now than I started with when I had my first HT. Apparently for some of us even a hair transplant isn't a fix as for some unknown god damn reason the transplanted hair falls out. So now I'm f*cked more than I have ever been.

Can't shave and can't get more HTs and I'm living in constant fear and anxiety -to say nothing about depression- not knowing how bad the scars are on my head (still not visible as they're still covered by hair) and what I'd do if I lose all the transplanted hair.

My HT is looking more and more like a social death sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Been living like a recluse with no social life whatsoever for the past decade and half and always wearing a cap. 6 HTs and close to 5000 grafts later and I have less hair now than I started with when I had my first HT. Apparently for some of us even a hair transplant isn't a fix as for some unknown god damn reason the transplanted hair falls out. So now I'm f*cked more than I have ever been.

Can't shave and can't get more HTs and I'm living in constant fear and anxiety -to say nothing about depression- not knowing how bad the scars are on my head (still not visible as they're still covered by hair) and what I'd do if I lose all the transplanted hair.

My HT is looking more and more like a social death sentence.
    Man, I have heard your story and I feel for you. I am having so much trouble coping with just one. I don't know how you do it... whether or not you're a recluse, you are still brave as f*ck for surviving man, remember that. Most people wouldn't in your scenario... Have you ever thought about joining one of those hair system places? Where you go in and they do it all for you? I know that's probably a stupid question, but I know in my scenario it would relieve my anxiety and allow me to function in public. F*ck people... F*ck what they think..Women get breast jobs, botox, face lifts and wear insane amounts of makeup. I would love to get to the point where I could lock down a solid hair system plan and just become so confident with it that I could just say, "it's not my hair, it's a piece"... People would probably think, wow it looks incredible and then 10 minutes later forget you're wearing it. Also, 99% of people that see you, you wouldn't have to tell.

wow those are some horrible storys! feel real sorry for you guys.
    Agree with Jamesst11 Try a piece and get out of your house, life is short!

Agree with the above. Wasted so much of my life with this. The only way to proceed is a small fue session to the frontal forelock. It keeps your options open going forward.
    ej

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Man, I have heard your story and I feel for you. I am having so much trouble coping with just one. I don't know how you do it... whether or not you're a recluse, you are still brave as f*ck for surviving man, remember that. Most people wouldn't in your scenario... Have you ever thought about joining one of those hair system places? Where you go in and they do it all for you? I know that's probably a stupid question, but I know in my scenario it would relieve my anxiety and allow me to function in public. F*ck people... F*ck what they think..Women get breast jobs, botox, face lifts and wear insane amounts of makeup. I would love to get to the point where I could lock down a solid hair system plan and just become so confident with it that I could just say, "it's not my hair, it's a piece"... People would probably think, wow it looks incredible and then 10 minutes later forget you're wearing it. Also, 99% of people that see you, you wouldn't have to tell.
    Thanks, jamesst. I wish I were brave. I would've waited for my hair loss to get worse then shaved it off. Going bald however was something I could never imagine or face.

I would never get a hair piece. Nothing will match my hair. Besides, the expense is too much for me. Thanks to my problem I barely work enough to just cover my expenses. And the maintenance....

The one thing I'm seriously considering and will probably be forced to do if I keep losing hair is to tattoo my head, and I don't mean that stupid scalp pigmentation but actual tattoos, like some bikers have. It's not me but what else can I do?

Just saw a guy yesterday on a tv program (Vanity Insanity) who's had his head disfigured after so many botched HTs and repair jobs (totalling $80,000) and he wears a hat 24/7 and his wish was to be able to go out without a god damn hat. He regrets getting HTs.

Fu*k life. There's no limit to how cruel it can be to some of us.

Could you guys comment a bit on your hair transplant history. What pattern and age you were at when you first had an ht.

I have been considering one but reading stories like these is certainly good information. I am really sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Hair loss is such a terrible affliction.