+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post

Before my HT, it would take me sometimes a good 20 minutes (even longer if I put too much product in it and had to wash it and start over) to get my hair styled [/I]
    Dude this is me now, I hate when I put to much wax in my hair and I have to wash it all out and reapply minoxidil and let it dry its the worst.

Im 4 months post op with 3134 FUT grafts in the front hairline and deep in the temples. One thing I knew of but didn't fully grasp is how long it takes to see any results. In the past two weeks I just started to be able to walk around without a hat on with concealer. My scalp was red then pink until about a week ago. Overall Im already very satisfied with the procedure and haven't been on here nearly as much, I feel like Im starting to have my life back. Im still in my 20s and some would say that's too young but I would say if you can stabilize the loss with medication and your loss isn't too severe then you can have a good experience. I also went to Dr. Rahal who definitely lives up to the hype. Be honest with yourself though, sometimes a HT won't fix the problem. I waited 3.5 years to decide if it was the right decision. Do not make a permanent choice based on emotions, use your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Been living like a recluse with no social life whatsoever for the past decade and half and always wearing a cap. 6 HTs and close to 5000 grafts later and I have less hair now than I started with when I had my first HT. Apparently for some of us even a hair transplant isn't a fix as for some unknown god damn reason the transplanted hair falls out. So now I'm f*cked more than I have ever been.

Can't shave and can't get more HTs and I'm living in constant fear and anxiety -to say nothing about depression- not knowing how bad the scars are on my head (still not visible as they're still covered by hair) and what I'd do if I lose all the transplanted hair.

My HT is looking more and more like a social death sentence.
    Tragic story!

I'm 6 1/2 month into my first hair transplant and though I'm concerned massively about density it has given me styling options and it was just temples and first cm of hair line. I'm nearly 38 but started balding heavily at 23 and jumped on dutasteride. This totally ****ed me up sexually but I can still function in that department and it STOPPED hair loss, permanently it seems. have some minor crown thinning and no progression of hair line loss since stopping 5 years ago or so.

Dude, I've worn a sliver of an hair piece before. Just a horse shoe sized piece that I used to apply to my forehead and temples. The match and texture was damn perfect but what a nightmare to fit oneself and the worry of it detaching cos it was so small. Have you got enough grafts to build a hair line perimeter. Cos this is the major issue with pieces. The lace rising and showing at the edge and dirt and mainenance. You could get an awesome peice from toplace or northwest lace for $200 ish that sits behind your grafted hair line and fit it yourself easy with tape. You only ever need glue (which is a collosal bitch BTW) for the hair line really which yours will be grafted, not a piece, so you wont need glue. It's a myth that they come off or whatever. Honestly, that could be your answer. I'm gonna do it if I can't keep my crown cos my donor density is poor.

My advice to you is to build a nice natural hair line with transplants and put a piece behind it. Speak to Eric from North West Lace. He's a great guy and really helpful. The only issue with that scenario is you need to buy 2 or 3 so you can rotate them to give illusion of hair growth and clean them as you rotate and they can be hot to wear.

Good luck.

What I would submit to you- You're probably not gonna get the positive replies you wanna hear. Most guys that have a successful transplant forget about the forums and move on with life. The guys who stick around are usually unhappy for one reason or another.

Personally, it flipped my life around 180 in the positive. I had a transplant 6 years at age of 26. My hair hairline was weak, I wasn't proactive with meds, I became reluctant to go out and enjoy life and I was becoming a shell of my former self. I took the plunge, hopped on meds and I can say with confidence, that it was one of the best choices I've ever made.

pre-op at 26

Below is less than a month ago. Obviously when comparing the 2, one it at at its worst and the other is at its best. That said, there's no way, no how, that I could I could pull of my current style with my previous hair. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on how 'cool' my hair is, or people asking me what product I use, or how I style it. At first it was hard to accept these compliment. Mentally, my hair was still a huge weakness, so I didn't like any focus or attention being put there. Slowly I've learned to accept the compliment for what it is.

Then this is what I feel is a result of meds. I don't think I've lost much, if any since I've started FIN. The progression was was 100% clear from 22-26. I got on meds as soon as I had the transplant and as far as I can tell, no noticeable movement.

Holy cow!! you look like a new person,,you must feel grate!! GOOD FOR YOU DUDE.
    YOLO how many FU did you get?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    Dude this is me now, I hate when I put to much wax in my hair and I have to wash it all out and reapply minoxidil and let it dry its the worst.
    Yep. And I'm still guilty of this from time to time - but for no other reason than sometimes, I just don't know how to fix my hair and keep adding product trying to get it right until I have to scratch it all and start over. Haha. I need a live-in stylist...

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    destroyed most of my life... have lived in anxiety, fear and depression for two straight years and have destroyed every relationship I have been in. Still have trouble seeing my family and friends and I don't go out to bars or restaurants anymore. Was filled with paralyzing anxiety and fear on my Birthday, my Nephews Birthday, Easter and Christmas. ***Lesson to all those not to get a hair transplant when the time isn't right and they haven't stabilized their loss.***
    omg what happened¡?

Quote Originally Posted by thehatman View Post
    Holy cow!! you look like a new person,,you must feel grate!! GOOD FOR YOU DUDE.
    YOLO how many FU did you get?
    Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I had 2920ish ( did it in 2010 so its hard to remember exact number).

Quote Originally Posted by YouOnlyLiveOnce View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I had 2920ish ( did it in 2010 so its hard to remember exact number).
    Thank you for posting your positive outcome. I thought I was one of the only guys that visits here that's actually happy. I'm still in my 8th month post op (about 4,000 fue grafts) so my posts won't hold as much water as someone who did it more than 18 months ago. My hair is a bit shaggy right now but I'm putting off my next haircut til I'm well into my 9th month so I can actually get a stylish cut. Your hair looks freaking awesome dude. Congrats.

I had my transplant about 2 1/2 years ago. It's changed my life.

I was very depressed before about my hair loss and would spend huge amounts of time focus sing on it (and coming on here and reading everything I could). I started by taking propecia (after thinking long and hard about it), which made a big difference. It has thickened my hair and stopped the loss getting any worse.

I then had my transplant and now I am at a point where I hardly think about it anymore. That's the most liberating thing. It's not that I'm 100% happy with my hair, I'm not, but I'm at a point now where I just don't think about it much. Ideally I would really like a lower hairline, some more grafts to thicken it a bit but if I'm being honest none of this is necessary. I once read one here that hair transplants are like having money, it doesn't matter how much you've got, you'll always want more.

Overall - it's honestly changed my life. I'm at a point now that i never thought I would be.