+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I hardly had any hair loss when I started. Maybe I had a few hairs missing in the corners of my temples. I don't think I would've been classified as someone with hair loss back then (in my 20s'). But that's how scared I was of being bald that I started way too early.

My advice to anyone considering an HT is to DO A TEST HT if possible. I mean like get a very small HT and to monitor the transplanted hairs and see if they take or not. One thing HT doctors will NOT tell you is that for some people the hairs will NOT take root and will end up falling out PERMANENTLY. There's nothing worse than getting a big HT and leaving all kinds of scars in the back of your head and in the transplanted area and also to waste several 1000 dollars only to find out that your transplanted hair isn't going to grow out. You WILL be disfigured in more ways than one and you can kiss whatever you had of social life -no matter how little it was- before the HT good bye because your disfigurement after a failed HT will KILL your social life completely.

I'm sure most doctors will probably refuse to do small HTs to test the results. I wouldn't mind paying $1500 for even as few as 200 grafts as a test. I THINK ALL HT DOCTORS SHOULD DO THIS. HT's are NOT guaranteed to always work despite what we're told.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I hardly had any hair loss when I started. Maybe I had a few hairs missing in the corners of my temples. I don't think I would've been classified as someone with hair loss back then (in my 20s'). But that's how scared I was of being bald that I started way too early.

My advice to anyone considering an HT is to DO A TEST HT if possible. I mean like get a very small HT and to monitor the transplanted hairs and see if they take or not. One thing HT doctors will NOT tell you is that for some people the hairs will NOT take root and will end up falling out PERMANENTLY. There's nothing worse than getting a big HT and leaving all kinds of scars in the back of your head and in the transplanted area and also to waste several 1000 dollars only to find out that your transplanted hair isn't going to grow out. You WILL be disfigured in more ways than one and you can kiss whatever you had of social life -no matter how little it was- before the HT good bye because your disfigurement after a failed HT will KILL your social life completely.

I'm sure most doctors will probably refuse to do small HTs to test the results. I wouldn't mind paying $1500 for even as few as 200 grafts as a test. I THINK ALL HT DOCTORS SHOULD DO THIS. HT's are NOT guaranteed to always work despite what we're told.
    I am sure you've considered every option, so don't mind me sounding stupid - but have you considered getting FUE's into the scars, or SMP? The transplanted hairs may work at the back of your head, no?

I think, since my hair is going quick, I am going to get like 300 FUE grafted into my scar. then I am just going bald and enjoying my f*cking summer and traveling.

a lot of these horror stories are a big reason why I chose FUE, if I ever go norwood 7 and don't have enough donor hair to cover the gap, I will shave my head and never look back, I think the older you are the less traumatic it is, for example Joe Rogan, he had a few strip surgeries in the 90's when he was in his 20's, he has since shaved his head now that he's in his 40's and there is less social stigma regarding his baldness, the problem is when you're going bald at 22, that really is a sad scenario because people just feel sorry for you rather than accept that you are getting older.

Why is this? What age were you when you got a hair transplant and how has it had a negative effect? very sorry to hear this, I suffer from increased anxiety as I have major loss and am considering HT , I avoid any special occasions, going etc and its becoming worse by the day

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I think, since my hair is going quick, I am going to get like 300 FUE grafted into my scar. then I am just going bald and enjoying my f*cking summer and traveling.
    Why is this? What age were you when you got a hair transplant and how has it had a negative effect? very sorry to hear this, I suffer from increased anxiety as I have major loss and am considering HT , I avoid any special occasions, going etc and its becoming worse by the day

Life after?

Well in still waiting to enjoy life...
    Had surgery, then repair, nd now need another repair.

Pretty tragic, but trying to be patient, but hoping the doc turns it around soon and makes sure its taken care of soon.

This war vet has been trying to be happy but this is hittin big. donor halo, hairline, temporal, density concerns from the start of surgery to repair surgery till now. Lot of time, effort, finances invested, hope, etc etc,

Lets see what happens. No one deserves going through these things but what matters is if the doc delivers and makes sure if the patient is 100% happy and taken care of in the end.

Got a fade haircut, nd the last thing i need is some stylists to ask about the halo in my donor and that my hair is see through up front and etc. etc., and advice on vitamins that may help (which they do not sell) or use of rogaine(which i already use and they do not sell). Especially after going through so much.

So, lets see how situation is actually handled and how the doc delivers. Im trying to hope for the best.

Inactive

My confidence is better, my stress level is significantly lower, it takes me much less time to fix/style my hair, and I have a lot more options when it comes to hairstyles these days. Also, I wear hats a lot less often - and only when I want to for style purposes or when I just really don't feel like fixing my hair because I'm lazy.

Before my HT, it would take me sometimes a good 20 minutes (even longer if I put too much product in it and had to wash it and start over) to get my hair styled "just right" so that my receding hairline wasn't showing. I also had to keep it at just the right length so as to be able to successfully conceal, which meant many frequent trips to the barber.

I hate to hear of so many negative experiences with hair transplants. I can't even imagine how difficult that must be.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    destroyed most of my life... have lived in anxiety, fear and depression for two straight years and have destroyed every relationship I have been in. Still have trouble seeing my family and friends and I don't go out to bars or restaurants anymore. Was filled with paralyzing anxiety and fear on my Birthday, my Nephews Birthday, Easter and Christmas. ***Lesson to all those not to get a hair transplant when the time isn't right and they haven't stabilized their loss.***
    Same here

Thats grate to hear...Good for you man!!