+ Reply to Thread

Default Finasteride 1mg doesn't seem to work anymore (20years old)

Greetings good fellas!

I'm 20 years old, and I've taking 1mg finasteride + Minoxidil since my late 17s..

The thing is, it seems like it is no longer working for me My hair looks like it began falling off again (at least I can see some hairs on my pillow, and during shower, when in the past, they were very very few).

I've never had side effects from those drugs by the way...

So my question is: Should I increase my dosage? Do you think I'm too young to increase it ? Or any other ideas?

I kinda don't mind having some sides, as long as it brings back my life :'(

Thank you for helping me out, and have a wonderful day!

(PS: Sadly I don't have any clear Before and After photos but I can post an actual photo of my hair at the moment, although it kind of crushes my self-esteem every time I look at them x) )

Its still working, you're probably just very sensitive to DHT, Finasteride only blocks 60-70% of DHT, the other 30-40% still attacks the follicles, for someone who is very sensitive to DHT like someone who is destined for norwood 7 that 30% will be enough to still cause hair loss. This isn't really something that is often discussed, the more aggressive the hair loss the less effective medical therapy is, judging from the age you began losing hair, it would be safe to assume that you're probably very sensitive to DHT, some have switched to Dutasteride and found some success, I know there isn't any studies that show that there is any difference between the two, but plenty of anecdotal evidence online. Generally, hair loss can become very aggressive in your 20's if you're destined for norwood 6/7.

Hey mate, thanks for such detailed answer! I already thought to myself that maybe my destiny would be to become a NW6/7, but then I ask myself "Why didn't my family get attacked in such a way?", The only side who has shown any hair loss is from my dad, he is the only one sttugling with hair loss, and his hair loss only started during his late 30s...Everyone else in my family has his hair completly intact! "

Why am I getting attacked by mbp at such a young age ? It's hard to understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Vunoo View Post
    Hey mate, thanks for such detailed answer! I already thought to myself that maybe my destiny would be to become a NW6/7, but then I ask myself "Why didn't my family get attacked in such a way?", The only side who has shown any hair loss is from my dad, he is the only one sttugling with hair loss, and his hair loss only started during his late 30s...Everyone else in my family has his hair completly intact! "

Why am I getting attacked by mbp at such a young age ? It's hard to understand...
    That's something I don't understand either, my father and older brother both have full heads of hair, my brother is almost 40 and is a Norwood 1, my father is almost 60 and Norwood 2, me I'm 30 and Norwood 6, MPB is unpredictable and I think it comes down to how sensitive your body is to DHT, some men may be born with the MPB gene but their body is not sensitive to DHT therefore they only experience slight hairloss, it sucks but no use in crying over spilt milk it is what it is, now just focus on keeping what you have and if te time comes get surgery.

Yeah mate, life is pretty sad and unfair

Yeah mate, life is pretty sad and unfair
    Unfortunately people who start balding early in life have it more aggressive. You probably got baldness
    genes from both parents, instead of just one.

Keep fighting it. Would urge you to start treating it aggressively as possible.

Greetings good fellas!

I'm 20 years old, and I've taking 1mg finasteride + Minoxidil since my late 17s..

The thing is, it seems like it is no longer working for me My hair looks like it began falling off again (at least I can see some hairs on my pillow, and during shower, when in the past, they were very very few).

I've never had side effects from those drugs by the way...

So my question is: Should I increase my dosage? Do you think I'm too young to increase it ? Or any other ideas?

I kinda don't mind having some sides, as long as it brings back my life :'(

Thank you for helping me out, and have a wonderful day!

(PS: Sadly I don't have any clear Before and After photos but I can post an actual photo of my hair at the moment, although it kind of crushes my self-esteem every time I look at them x) )
    Time to try Dustasteride. Would start off with 0.5 milligrams.