+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    you're not being rude man, sorry we didn't address your question and jumped down your throat! haha... I hope everything works out well for you. In terms of texture and length - GENERALLY, if the hair was transplanted properly and without damaging the follicle, the texture and growth rate should mimic that of when it was in the back of the scalp. There are some definite exceptions to this, because the hair is technically in a new environment. The underlying dermis has to form new capillaries and such to supply the hair, nerve innervation, etc... So, with these changes, there may be some changes in appearance of the hair. For example, about 70% of my transplanted hairs grow exactly as they would of in the back of my head... HOWEVER, the ALL the hairs that were transplanted into the midsection of my scalp (without my consent because my doctor was unethical) only grow to a specific length and then completely STOP GROWING. I don't understand this phenomena at all... they are thick, but will only grow 2-3" and stay that way forever. texture is the same.
    Thats weird that it doesnt grow so far in length. Mines probably are already as thick as the rest, i just hoped it wouldve "packed" better. It just look like im thinning badly in that area now. Especially when you look from below my face up to my hair, the mid section around my peak is just closed, cant see through, and then the sides you see through to the scalp.

It does however already look much better than before, and perhaps i had too high expectations. Maybe ill fill it in a bit better later, or is it unrealistic to think thats possible? I dont know