Closed Thread

Angry Avoid dr rawnsley in los angeles. My results and my experience were awful.

So I've waited til the 1-year mark to write this review because I wanted to give it a fair chance.
    I've had 2 previous transplants with other surgeons to restore the front of my hair line, and they turned out good enough, so I'm no stranger to this process. I paid Dr. Rawnsley $10,000 to have 1500 grafts implanted via FUE behind the front line, in the middle of my scalp, because it was thinning a lot.
    On the day of the surgery, I arrived at his 'new office', not the nice one that the consultation was in. I walked into a room that had not been set up at all, there was certainly no "advanced state of the art technology" and while the doctor was making the initial incisions I even heard him comment : "it's a little crowded back here". Very comforting words when he's cutting into my head.....
    Before he had even finished making the incisions in my scalp, another patient arrived in the room next door for a different procedure. What kind of surgeon schedules another patient to come in before he's even finished with the first one?? Clearly it's about quantity rather than quality here.
    The two technicians who then extracted, prepared and implanted the grafts seemed nice enough, but one of them was 8 and a half months pregnant and clearly very uncomfortable for the whole day, the poor thing just wanted to go home (I don't blame her, but she shouldn't have been performing this procedure).
    At the end of the day, I was rushed out of the office, no one cared if I was ok to drive, they all just wanted me out of there so they could go home.
    I've been monitoring my hair very closely every month for the last year, and I've seen virtually no growth at all. Again, I've had two previous transplants so I know that not all the grafts will grow, however after my surgery with Dr. Rawnsley, it looks like almost NONE of the grafts have grown. Please take a look at my before and after photos, my hair looks absolutely no different. I'm so disgusted at my results and my experiences, I really should have interviewed other doctors and I'm so mad at myself at that I didn't. Now, I've lost $10,000, 1500 grafts from the back of my head, and I have nothing to show for it. Thanks Dr. Rawnsley.

Please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for your hair transplant.

Arrow

Dear jamesd

Please refer to our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service under the category of Physician Complaints which I will post here for your convenience.

If you are seeking to write a public complaint about a doctor, you will be required to verify your identity(privately) and BaldTruthTalk.Com will then notify the doctor so that he/she can respond publicly as well. The thread will allow for the patient to tell their story, the doctor to respond, the patient to reply to the doctor's response and one last response from the doctor if necessary. General commentary from other users will not be allowed.

Based on the account of your experience, it appears that you are an actual patient who has chosen to express a legitimate grievance, so you have not been required to verify your identity with us and your post will remain live, however as per our TOS the thread will be locked until which time the clinic chooses to respond. If it becomes apparent that you are not an actual patent of this clinic, this thread will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.