+ Reply to Thread

Default Conflict of surgeon advice

Beginning my HT journey. Have sent, in my opinion not GREAT pics to a few IAHRS surgeons via their online consolation forms.

I am getting VERY varying opinions to say the least. I won't name the clinics however some are saying that my donor is not good enough, some are saying the complete opposite and that its great donor. Some clinics are saying that I should forget about HT all together as I am not a good candidate some are saying I'm a great candidate.

As you can understand this is somewhat confusing?? Why such a mix of opinion from these surgeons?

Thanks

The varied responses you've received are not unusual . You'll probably find quite a few similar posts stating the same .Maybe try and take better quality photos and get more online consultations . You can then possibly take the concensus as the more likely actual situation.

Would also be a good idea to arrange an actual consultation with a surgeon(s) in your area , if available.

If you feel comfortable posting your pics on here , I'm sure you'll get some good unbiased opinions .

Hi Suarez,

Thanks for you reply. I understand that I just don't see why some surgeons are flat refusing and just advising against it without actually seeing the hair. Seems un professional to me to be honest.

Thanks for your advice it has been taken on board

Quote Originally Posted by djbfxtrader View Post
    ........... I just don't see why some surgeons are flat refusing and just advising against it without actually seeing the hair. Seems un professional to me to be honest.
    Maybe they are being honest whereas the other guys just want your money

Maybe! This is possible and this is what I am trying to figure out. However, I would like to think this is not the case .. All of the surgeons I have reached out to have very good reviews, are members of many of the approved associations and are achieving good results.

I would like to think that the surgeon who recommended me not moving forward is maybe because, judging from his website he only really goes for "safe" HT's where he is certain he can achieve a good result, usually on clients who have a receding hair line or very minimal loss.

Quote Originally Posted by djbfxtrader View Post
    judging from his website he only really goes for "safe" HT's where he is certain he can achieve a good result, usually on clients who have a receding hair line or very minimal loss.
    That's certainly a possibility .

Don't look down on doctors who are cautious, because they have your best interests at heart. Some of the worst doctors are the ones who might have some skills, but don't mind gambling (with your money, and your scalp). You should visit the doctors you're interested in, and have them see you in-person. See several doctors, and decide before-hand not to commit to anything during your visit. Ask questions and take notes. You can probably get an idea of who seems like they are making sense, etc.

Maybe! This is possible and this is what I am trying to figure out. However, I would like to think this is not the case .. All of the surgeons I have reached out to have very good reviews, are members of many of the approved associations and are achieving good results.
    What makes you think that they don't need your money too?