Threaded View

This is actually a good post. You're right, women can do WHATEVER the hell they want - botox, face lifts, makeup, breast enhancement.. and it's just normal and in most cases distasteful to even comment on it. I tried explaining the grief behind my hair loss to my ex gf (ex for a good reason)... it was to no avail. It was just a waste of time. Her f*cking response was, "I would make it a NON-ISSUE and shave it bald". REALLY?!?! So, if by aging myself 10 years and having a huge HT scar on the back of my head, I will be making it a "non-issue". She didn't take it seriously AT ALL. When I finally built up the strength to not wear any hair spray and have her play with my hair, she pet it and then said by doing so, her arm was in the way of the movie we were watching. I felt humiliated. I talked to her about it on THREE occasions after nine months of dating, and when we broke up she said, "well, I had to deal with your hair issues and I never said anything"... of course this was after 9 months of completely spoiling her and breaking my back for her and her baby. Oh yeah, she thought it was too self conscience of me to have gotten an HT, while she had two breast jobs and wore tons of makeup.

My last gf just said, "it's hair, it's totally superficial" to which I responded, "the way you look in society is not superficial. anyone that says that is full of sh*t. She just dismissed it and said if it bothered me, I should shave bald too.

My family - "oh my God it's just hair" or "wear a hat" or "just shave it" - from my dad who's like 70 and meticulously combs the 60 strands he has left on the top of his head.

There needs to be more damn MPB awareness. One of us should start a website. I am sick of people's ignorance. We as men have somewhat destroyed this as a legitimate issue because of our self pride. There is no compassion for it. Men suffer in silence or become addicted to forums like this, where they feel they are listened to and can voice their grievances and emotional distress. It should BE KNOWN that 95% of men that are losing their hair, especially at a young age, suffer horribly... it should be COMMON KNOWLEDGE.