Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Occulus
    • Dec 2013

Body hair and hair loss: A poll

I am surprised there have been no studies on the correlation between hair loss and body hair. It seems to be that nearly every "hairy" man (significant hair on the chest and/or back, legs and arms, full facial hair) experiences hair loss. So here's a poll: post if you are hairy or "smooth" (little to no hair on chest and/or back, difficulty growing a full beard).

I myself have no back hair, but my chest, legs, forearms, and face are hairy.
  • Vic
    • Apr 2014

Hairy all over

Comment

• pkipling
      Inactive
      • Sep 2014

I would say I'm medium hairy (chest/stomach/forearms/etc.), I can't grow a full beard, but definitely can do a 5:00 shadow/facial hair, and I have/had a medium level of hair loss (recession in the hairline). So I'm sort of right in the middle of both camps.

Not sure if that means anything or not, but it would be interesting if there was a correlation.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• burtandernie
        • Nov 2012

I would be surprised if there was no correlation it would kind of fly in the face of what DHT supposedly does. I mean how many women are walking around with full beards and gorilla hair chest/backs? Obviously androgens are very huge factors in MPB probably under stated even.
        I have very little body hair, and very minor hair loss probably around what is considered mature hairline. Very slow for me.

Comment

• hanginginthewire
          • Nov 2015

Very hairy. Definitely balding but slowly. The human body is evil.

Comment

Working...