View Poll Results: Transplant now? Later? Never?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, do it now with FUT.

0 0%
  • Yes, do it now with FUE.

5 20.83%
  • Wait until more loss. Too early.

15 62.50%
  • Never transplant.

4 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Treatment Protocol?

Hello, my name is Adam and this is my introduction and story. I am a 32 year old guy. I first began noticing hair loss at age 25 or 26. I was nearly 27 when I started finasteride. It has halted my loss almost completely and that is after some minor reverse miniaturization during the first two years of use. My side effects have been minor to zero. I will attach a word doc with my family history and more details about my finasteride experience. I will also attach some photos of my hair. My microscopic hair mapping for miniaturization and hair bulk analysis showed 38% loss in density in the leading 3 inches of the front of my scalp. I have about 20% miniaturization on the top of my head and roughly 10% on my crown. The top and crown pretty much appear normal with no loss. The front has clearly lost density but the hairline itself is still pretty much in it's original starting place, despite the lost density. I have always had a naturally high hairline and as you can see by some of my photos I can still style my hair with wax or pomade to maintain a relatively full look. However, this is only an illusion... especially in the frontal area.

I am not sure if I should get a transplant now or wait until I lose more hair. I want some advice on my most appropriate treatment protocol. Any constructive input would be much appreciated. If a posted photo is NOT dated then assume it is recent as most photos here are.

Thank you.

Attachment 44667Attachment 44679Attachment 44680Attachment 44681Attachment 44682Attachment 44683Attachment 44684Attachment 44685Attachment 44686Attachment 44678Attachment 44676Attachment 44668Attachment 44669Attachment 44670Attachment 44671Attachment 44672Attachment 44673Attachment 44674Attachment 44675Attachment 44687

Just my tuppence worth , but if I were you I'd wait a while . You're still young and your hair loss doesn't look that advanced .You've already been on the meds for a while which will hopefully keep it stabilised for a good while longer .

I suppose it all comes down to how much it bothers you .

Good research on the family history by the way - I can get as far as my Dad and that's about it !

Quote Originally Posted by suarez View Post
    Just my tuppence worth , but if I were you I'd wait a while . You're still young and your hair loss doesn't look that advanced .You've already been on the meds for a while which will hopefully keep it stabilised for a good while longer .

I suppose it all comes down to how much it bothers you .

Good research on the family history by the way - I can get as far as my Dad and that's about it !
    Thanks, it may be the way I am leaning until age 35 or so.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

HELLO Tedwuji !
    Im here-lol.

Ted' your hair looks GREAT now!
    Good for you!!
    I too have been on Finasteride. I have been using that med' since Aug. 2013
    'My side effects have been minor to zero' as well!

Now that you are 32 years old, you are starting to have proper and GOOD foresight now, the ability to predict the consequences of your actions.
    That being said, you would not ALLOW hairloss to ruin your emotions and your life-which is great.
    To your point,,,
    It doesn't seem like you really need to have hair transplantation as yet but that is really up to you ..
    If you would like, set up a consultation with Dr. Carlos Wesley, ("Pilofocus").
    He is there in New York City, Manhattan!

He is VERY SINCERE and would not fool you into thinking that it was seriously needed .
    He would give you very good objective advice.
    (I have been the second patient of his Pilofocus 3rd phase testings~ last Nov. 2015)

Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    HELLO Tedwuji !
    Im here-lol.

Ted' your hair looks GREAT now!
    Good for you!!
    I too have been on Finasteride. I have been using that med' since Aug. 2013
    'My side effects have been minor to zero' as well!

Now that you are 32 years old, you are starting to have proper and GOOD foresight now, the ability to predict the consequences of your actions.
    That being said, you would not ALLOW hairloss to ruin your emotions and your life-which is great.
    To your point,,,
    It doesn't seem like you really need to have hair transplantation as yet but that is really up to you ..
    If you would like, set up a consultation with Dr. Carlos Wesley, ("Pilofocus").
    He is there in New York City, Manhattan!

He is VERY SINCERE and would not fool you into thinking that it was seriously needed .
    He would give you very good objective advice.
    (I have been the second patient of his Pilofocus 3rd phase testings~ last Nov. 2015)

Cheers !
    Yeah thanks for the reply bro.... i would love to get a scarless procedure like PiloFocus with some possible regen... assuming it all pans out that way!

Im glad that you know a bit about Pilofocus and Dr. Wesley's Phase Testings which is ongoing of course.
    HOPEFULLY, his 'new science' turns out to be verified as a 'game-changer'
    Until that time,,lets ALL of us live our lives as positive as we all can!!
    No reason not too.
    I wish my hair looked like yours Ted' ,,lol,,but true.

I'm answering after Ted sent me his photos as well as a very detailed background on what he's done to fight his hair loss as well as family history.

Well, here is my thought. Don't get any surgery. Your hairline looks great. It is natural and frames your face well. Nothing can imitate nature as well as nature. You are taking a gamble with any surgery. Besides, being 32 you look like you are 25 as is. The top looks very full and given your age I'd be surprised if you even hit a NW3A much less a 5A as long as you maintain your medical regimen. In your email to me you asked if it were ok to go ahead and get a lower, dense pack NW2 hairline. Your hairline is already a NW2 and to make it any more aggressive right now is not only messing with perfection, it's just downright greedy

I would avoid any more consultations, and avoid the forums. Just move on and if you see things progressing THEN you can come back and start talking about options.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I'm answering after Ted sent me his photos as well as a very detailed background on what he's done to fight his hair loss as well as family history.

Well, here is my thought. Don't get any surgery. Your hairline looks great. It is natural and frames your face well. Nothing can imitate nature as well as nature. You are taking a gamble with any surgery. Besides, being 32 you look like you are 25 as is. The top looks very full and given your age I'd be surprised if you even hit a NW3A much less a 5A as long as you maintain your medical regimen. In your email to me you asked if it were ok to go ahead and get a lower, dense pack NW2 hairline. Your hairline is already a NW2 and to make it any more aggressive right now is not only messing with perfection, it's just downright greedy

I would avoid any more consultations, and avoid the forums. Just move on and if you see things progressing THEN you can come back and start talking about options.
    Ah... great reply, Joe. Your advice is directly inline with what IAHRS surgeon Dr. Robert Haber told me. Which was to wait because there's not enough loss.

I admit to some hair greed, but being 32 and a half (25% the way thru my 30s) i am feeling a bit safe in any approach i may take because of such a good response to finasteride. My loss since 2010 when i started the drug has been figuratively or maybe literally 0. Truly halted and in combination with my age makes me feel greedy and "brave". Thanks again for the reply!

PS your website rocks and was easy to use!

Great advice given to Ted' , Joe Tillman!
    Hey Ted' ~ Joe certainly does KNOW what he's talking about and his advice to you is very commonsense!!
    It was very good and REAL commonsense advice Joe!!

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    Hello, my name is Adam and this is my introduction and story. I am a 32 year old guy. I first began noticing hair loss at age 25 or 26. I was nearly 27 when I started finasteride. It has halted my loss almost completely and that is after some minor reverse miniaturization during the first two years of use. My side effects have been minor to zero. I will attach a word doc with my family history and more details about my finasteride experience. I will also attach some photos of my hair. My microscopic hair mapping for miniaturization and hair bulk analysis showed 38% loss in density in the leading 3 inches of the front of my scalp. I have about 20% miniaturization on the top of my head and roughly 10% on my crown. The top and crown pretty much appear normal with no loss. The front has clearly lost density but the hairline itself is still pretty much in it's original starting place, despite the lost density. I have always had a naturally high hairline and as you can see by some of my photos I can still style my hair with wax or pomade to maintain a relatively full look. However, this is only an illusion... especially in the frontal area.

I am not sure if I should get a transplant now or wait until I lose more hair. I want some advice on my most appropriate treatment protocol. Any constructive input would be much appreciated. If a posted photo is NOT dated then assume it is recent as most photos here are.

Thank you.

Attachment 44667Attachment 44679Attachment 44680Attachment 44681Attachment 44682Attachment 44683Attachment 44684Attachment 44685Attachment 44686Attachment 44678Attachment 44676Attachment 44668Attachment 44669Attachment 44670Attachment 44671Attachment 44672Attachment 44673Attachment 44674Attachment 44675Attachment 44687
    It was so weird reading your post, because your hair loss is like IDENTICAL to mine, with a little more thinning in the crown. It is like looking at pictures of myself. I also want to go the transplant route, but agree with these other guys. It's just too risky. You are transplanting into still a lot of native hair. I learned my lesson the HARD way, by getting one and losing a LOT of hair because of it. An HT, like Joe and spex and other mentors say, should be like a last resort. Exhaust all your possibilities first, because one of them may work well, and then you will save a lot of time, hassle and money. I am where you are at right now. I can tell how you style your hair exactly like me too, that it can get frustrating, always worrying about it.