Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tedwuji
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by jamesst11
    I get a 15% minox compounded with .1% finasteride, hydrocortisone, AA, progesterone... I get it through murray ave. apothecary. I was on 5% foam for like 3 years, so I thought it couldn't hurt to up it and have it compounded. It is a cream. My hair is pretty diffuse, so I can rub it into the scalp. It actually makes my hair look thicker when some gets into it. It honestly feels friggin great. I lightly dermaroll before applying and for the first time in a year my scalp doesn't feel like a damn war zone. I think there are a few places you can get it too. Just need to fill out an online prescription.
    That's cool, yeah I figured you were having a pharmacy whip that up for you... it is quite the recipe. I was just concerned about putting things in my hair in the morning because my girl complains if my hair is too sticky or "wet" because she runs her hands through it most of the time, etc.
    I wanna try Minox but it seems a bit more "involved" than just quickly poppin Fin when I take my standard multivitamin everyday. Would love to thicken the density in the front by noninvasive means.

also putting things in my hair at night might mess with my skin... for example if i go to bed with a bunch of pomade in my hair then it gets all over my forehead/pillow in the night, its asking for problems and has caused them in the past. does it give you any skin irritation? I am not sure if minox would be the same.

Comment

• tedwuji
      • Jun 2014

10-Year Finasteride Study

2011 study by Dr. Alfredo Rossi, is the first comprehensive study on long-term safety and efficacy of Propecia. Click to read Dr. Bernstein's analysis.

Anyone have any experience beyond 5 years? I am hoping my next 5 are as successful as the previous.

Comment

• jamesst11
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by tedwuji
        That's cool, yeah I figured you were having a pharmacy whip that up for you... it is quite the recipe. I was just concerned about putting things in my hair in the morning because my girl complains if my hair is too sticky or "wet" because she runs her hands through it most of the time, etc.
        I wanna try Minox but it seems a bit more "involved" than just quickly poppin Fin when I take my standard multivitamin everyday. Would love to thicken the density in the front by noninvasive means.

also putting things in my hair at night might mess with my skin... for example if i go to bed with a bunch of pomade in my hair then it gets all over my forehead/pillow in the night, its asking for problems and has caused them in the past. does it give you any skin irritation? I am not sure if minox would be the same.
        Foam minoxidil does not make your hair stick at all... also, this 15% cream dries up pretty quick and does not leave any stick residue... you can order it in any concentration minox (5, 10, 15, 20%) and have it compounded with anything you want (fin, AA, hydrocortisone, progesterone, etc...) I like it with hydrocortisone because I believe it really helps the scalp itch.

Comment

• tedwuji
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by jamesst11
          Foam minoxidil does not make your hair stick at all... also, this 15% cream dries up pretty quick and does not leave any stick residue... you can order it in any concentration minox (5, 10, 15, 20%) and have it compounded with anything you want (fin, AA, hydrocortisone, progesterone, etc...) I like it with hydrocortisone because I believe it really helps the scalp itch.
          With 5 years of isolated Fin response data at my disposal I am considering adding Minox to see what added benefit it provides. I may even track my progress in a new thread over the course of a year or so. I already know Fin works for me, personally because I used it alone for so long. Pretty satisfied about that.

Comment

• bmoreno515
            • Nov 2014

heyy Ted how would you describe the thickness of your hair? Do you have thick hair or thin? Your hair looks great too I wanna see if I can do a few of those hair styles cause they look good! Also wohld you say finasteride made your hair more thick?

Comment

• tedwuji
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by bmoreno515
              heyy Ted how would you describe the thickness of your hair? Do you have thick hair or thin? Your hair looks great too I wanna see if I can do a few of those hair styles cause they look good! Also wohld you say finasteride made your hair more thick?
              Originally before MPB, my hair has always been fine in texture, a bit thin but near enough to average it looks normal.

After thinning further in the frontal area due to standard MPB it looks more thin, but I use a volumizing shampoo to add density. Also I use hair wax or pomade for styling and this can add some volume too. These of course are only temporary and cosmetic advantages however. Finasteride did make my hair more thick and is the real McCoy in my bag o' trix.

Comment

• tedwuji
                • Jun 2014

Thanks for your compliments on my style bro.

My ex gf was a personal stylist for celebrities.

Comment

• tedwuji
                  • Jun 2014

Yes, due to Joe's advice from here and thru his website i will not be getting a hair transplant this month.

I will most likely wait until I am 35 and reassess my transplant options.
                  More like waiting until 40, actually.

Comment

• Sean
                    • Jan 2011

More like waiting until 40, actually.
                    Ted, if you ever get surgery in future, carfully analyze a doctor's surgical protocol. I can't stress that enough.

Who is doing incisions?
                    Who is doing extractions?
                    Will the doc be with you entire time or do they have other patients to tend to?
                    Will you get refund if it goes awry?
                    Will doc extract 2000 grafts when you are told 1000(as an example)?
                    Do they have history of patients with damaged donor areas or halos?
                    Do they have history of poor recipient growth and etc?
                    What tools are used?
                    These are just basic questions to ask before even sitting in the chair. All these questions should be answered by a doc in writing. If they cant answer them directly or clearly, do not go to that doc at all.

As for now, preserve what you got and try to sustain it. Trust me on that one. A procedure can really screw you up if proper protocols are not followed and etc. Some folks wish they can turn back time. Only small samples report feedback on forums.

In order for you to get real answers from those that had surgery, you need to talk to patients with no interests and unfortunately that is a smaller number on forums.

But do not do anything at the moment, wait it out, you do not want to suffer nor be hounded publically if it is terrible. Trust me, it isnt worth the risk, esp if you end up having a rookie do it.
                    Last edited by Winston; 03-26-2016, 01:53 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

Comment

• tedwuji
                      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Sean
                      Ted, if you ever get surgery in future, carfully analyze a doctor's surgical protocol. I can't stress that enough.

Who is doing incisions?
                      Who is doing extractions?
                      Will the doc be with you entire time or do they have other patients to tend to?
                      Will you get refund if it goes awry?
                      Will doc extract 2000 grafts when you are told 1000(as an example)?
                      Do they have history of patients with damaged donor areas or halos?
                      Do they have history of poor recipient growth and etc?
                      What tools are used?
                      These are just basic questions to ask before even sitting in the chair. All these questions should be answered by a doc in writing. If they cant answer them directly or clearly, do not go to that doc at all.

As for now, preserve what you got and try to sustain it. Trust me on that one. A procedure can really screw you up if proper protocols are not followed and etc. Some folks wish they can turn back time. Only small samples report feedback on forums.

In order for you to get real answers from those that had surgery, you need to talk to patients with no interests and unfortunately that is a smaller number on forums.

But do not do anything at the moment, wait it out, you do not want to suffer nor be hounded publically if it is terrible. Trust me, it isnt worth the risk, esp if you end up having a rookie do it.
                      I agree 100% about asking good questions and educating yourself thoroughly about the specific surgeons tactics, as well as in general.

I will be going to Hasson and Wong or Rahal at 40, assuming I get one at all. Never a rookie.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

• tedwuji
                        • Jun 2014

I agree 100% about asking good questions and educating yourself thoroughly about the specific surgeons tactics, as well as in general.

I will be going to Hasson and Wong or Rahal at 40, assuming I get one at all. Never a rookie.

Thanks for your input.
                        Hasson&Wong at 40.

Comment

• Sean
                          • Jan 2011

Ted, pace yourself and dont jump into anything without seeing some in person actual results that had similar hairloss as yours. It would be great if some nonclinic presented patients are willing to show you how it looks in person as well. See if meds work or help you retain and be careful. Your safety is paramount and professionals should perform surgery without adding any extra risks your way. Waiting it out is a good thing.

Honestly, sometimes typing starts to get frustrating, as i couldve sworn, but I really hope you the best in whatever you decide. As you get informed and learn on best ways to proceed, remember a doc should do what is best and safe for you. Good luck.

Comment

• tedwuji
                            • Jun 2014

Ted, pace yourself and dont jump into anything without seeing some in person actual results that had similar hairloss as yours. It would be great if some nonclinic presented patients are willing to show you how it looks in person as well. See if meds work or help you retain and be careful. Your safety is paramount and professionals should perform surgery without adding any extra risks your way. Waiting it out is a good thing.

Honestly, sometimes typing starts to get frustrating, as i couldve sworn, but I really hope you the best in whatever you decide. As you get informed and learn on best ways to proceed, remember a doc should do what is best and safe for you. Good luck.
                            I agree 100%. Over 30 & 5 years success on Fin, yet still waiting it out as you said. Thanks man.

Comment

• tedwuji
                              • Jun 2014

I agree 100%. Over 30 & 5 years success on Fin, yet still waiting it out as you said. Thanks man.

Comment

• tedwuji
                                • Jun 2014

Double post. Mods please correct. Thanks.

Comment

Working...