View Poll Results: Transplant now? Later? Never?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, do it now with FUT.

0 0%
  • Yes, do it now with FUE.

5 20.83%
  • Wait until more loss. Too early.

15 62.50%
  • Never transplant.

4 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Any you've had literally zero side effects, I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    Any you've had literally zero side effects, I presume?
    No serious sides. Certainly none that are going to make me stop the medicine and go from what I got to a Norwood 4.

I am American and live in USA, but spend a lot of time teaching in Seoul.

I moved to New Zealand for a computer job.

Hi Ted,

First and foremost I would like to commend you on your regiment, and your patience for holding out on a surgery. A transplant is a huge decision that can have both positive, and negative ramifications depending on due diligence and clinic of choice.

Unfortunately, unlike yourself, I jumped and had my first procedure at 19 because of my hair loss commencing at age 17. I felt like my youth and college years were robbed from me. It was the biggest mistake of my life, and one that led to me getting on a "transplant treadmill." I had 3 additional botched FUE procedures after my first procedure, which was a strip. The last 2 of those FUE procedures were attempted repairs by the same clinic due to the egregious result and scarring I was left with.

Long story short, I had my only successful procedure with Dr. Sanusi Umar last January for 6500 FUE head (the little of it I had left), body, and beard grafts. He is the only surgeon who was transparent with me, who did not monetize me, and most importantly the only one that gave me the result he said he would give me. I have my second and final procedure with him scheduled in October. Final because I feel that after this procedure I have officially beaten hair loss. If you look at my blog, I went from a NW6 to a full restoration.

My advice to you is to let your hair loss continue to evolve. Definitely use rogaine foam, and fin if you do not have any detrimental side effects from it. When you feel that your hair loss has reached its apex, due your due diligence regarding which clinic you go to. Most importantly, take your time with the decision.

Good luck my friend.

http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/

I have never had a hair transplant in my life. All my hair is my own natural hair.

I have decided not get a hair transplant, ever.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairhope4ever View Post
    Hi Ted,

First and foremost I would like to commend you on your regiment, and your patience for holding out on a surgery. A transplant is a huge decision that can have both positive, and negative ramifications depending on due diligence and clinic of choice.

Unfortunately, unlike yourself, I jumped and had my first procedure at 19 because of my hair loss commencing at age 17. I felt like my youth and college years were robbed from me. It was the biggest mistake of my life, and one that led to me getting on a "transplant treadmill." I had 3 additional botched FUE procedures after my first procedure, which was a strip. The last 2 of those FUE procedures were attempted repairs by the same clinic due to the egregious result and scarring I was left with.

Long story short, I had my only successful procedure with Dr. Sanusi Umar last January for 6500 FUE head (the little of it I had left), body, and beard grafts. He is the only surgeon who was transparent with me, who did not monetize me, and most importantly the only one that gave me the result he said he would give me. I have my second and final procedure with him scheduled in October. Final because I feel that after this procedure I have officially beaten hair loss. If you look at my blog, I went from a NW6 to a full restoration.

My advice to you is to let your hair loss continue to evolve. Definitely use rogaine foam, and fin if you do not have any detrimental side effects from it. When you feel that your hair loss has reached its apex, due your due diligence regarding which clinic you go to. Most importantly, take your time with the decision.

Good luck my friend.

http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
    I had a consult with Umar years back. First of all he's the only doc I know of that charges for a consult, most docs are free. He seemed pretty willing to do surgery on a guy in his early 20s with not much hesitation. He also claims to be a board certified dermatologist so I began to ask him questions regarding scalp issues and he just cut me off and wrote an rx for a topical steroid.

There was no followup- nothing.

He's not a guy that only focuses on hair loss as he does botox, fillers, lasers, etc. I did not feel comfortable after meeting him. I've seen he has taken on some difficult repair cases and helped some ppl out (but believe me those ppl paid a fortune).

I'm just sharing my experience for anyone put there reading. Good luck to all

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    I moved to New Zealand for a computer job.
    That sounds awesome ted. Congrats. Vacation out in SE Asia for me and let me know how it goes. How did u land this gig if u don't mind me asking? I remember u said u used to teach English in asia.