View Poll Results: Transplant now? Later? Never?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, do it now with FUT.

0 0%
  • Yes, do it now with FUE.

5 20.83%
  • Wait until more loss. Too early.

15 62.50%
  • Never transplant.

4 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreno515 View Post
    heyy Ted how would you describe the thickness of your hair? Do you have thick hair or thin? Your hair looks great too I wanna see if I can do a few of those hair styles cause they look good! Also wohld you say finasteride made your hair more thick?
    Originally before MPB, my hair has always been fine in texture, a bit thin but near enough to average it looks normal.

After thinning further in the frontal area due to standard MPB it looks more thin, but I use a volumizing shampoo to add density. Also I use hair wax or pomade for styling and this can add some volume too. These of course are only temporary and cosmetic advantages however. Finasteride did make my hair more thick and is the real McCoy in my bag o' trix.

Thanks for your compliments on my style bro.

My ex gf was a personal stylist for celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    Yes, due to Joe's advice from here and thru his website i will not be getting a hair transplant this month.

I will most likely wait until I am 35 and reassess my transplant options.
    More like waiting until 40, actually.

More like waiting until 40, actually.
    Ted, if you ever get surgery in future, carfully analyze a doctor's surgical protocol. I can't stress that enough.

Who is doing incisions?
    Who is doing extractions?
    Will the doc be with you entire time or do they have other patients to tend to?
    Will you get refund if it goes awry?
    Will doc extract 2000 grafts when you are told 1000(as an example)?
    Do they have history of patients with damaged donor areas or halos?
    Do they have history of poor recipient growth and etc?
    What tools are used?
    These are just basic questions to ask before even sitting in the chair. All these questions should be answered by a doc in writing. If they cant answer them directly or clearly, do not go to that doc at all.

As for now, preserve what you got and try to sustain it. Trust me on that one. A procedure can really screw you up if proper protocols are not followed and etc. Some folks wish they can turn back time. Only small samples report feedback on forums.

In order for you to get real answers from those that had surgery, you need to talk to patients with no interests and unfortunately that is a smaller number on forums.

But do not do anything at the moment, wait it out, you do not want to suffer nor be hounded publically if it is terrible. Trust me, it isnt worth the risk, esp if you end up having a rookie do it.
    Last edited by Winston; 03-26-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Ted, if you ever get surgery in future, carfully analyze a doctor's surgical protocol. I can't stress that enough.

Who is doing incisions?
    Who is doing extractions?
    Will the doc be with you entire time or do they have other patients to tend to?
    Will you get refund if it goes awry?
    Will doc extract 2000 grafts when you are told 1000(as an example)?
    Do they have history of patients with damaged donor areas or halos?
    Do they have history of poor recipient growth and etc?
    What tools are used?
    These are just basic questions to ask before even sitting in the chair. All these questions should be answered by a doc in writing. If they cant answer them directly or clearly, do not go to that doc at all.

As for now, preserve what you got and try to sustain it. Trust me on that one. A procedure can really screw you up if proper protocols are not followed and etc. Some folks wish they can turn back time. Only small samples report feedback on forums.

In order for you to get real answers from those that had surgery, you need to talk to patients with no interests and unfortunately that is a smaller number on forums.

But do not do anything at the moment, wait it out, you do not want to suffer nor be hounded publically if it is terrible. Trust me, it isnt worth the risk, esp if you end up having a rookie do it.
    I agree 100% about asking good questions and educating yourself thoroughly about the specific surgeons tactics, as well as in general.

I will be going to Hasson and Wong or Rahal at 40, assuming I get one at all. Never a rookie.

Thanks for your input.

I agree 100% about asking good questions and educating yourself thoroughly about the specific surgeons tactics, as well as in general.

I will be going to Hasson and Wong or Rahal at 40, assuming I get one at all. Never a rookie.

Thanks for your input.
    Hasson&Wong at 40.

Ted, pace yourself and dont jump into anything without seeing some in person actual results that had similar hairloss as yours. It would be great if some nonclinic presented patients are willing to show you how it looks in person as well. See if meds work or help you retain and be careful. Your safety is paramount and professionals should perform surgery without adding any extra risks your way. Waiting it out is a good thing.

Honestly, sometimes typing starts to get frustrating, as i couldve sworn, but I really hope you the best in whatever you decide. As you get informed and learn on best ways to proceed, remember a doc should do what is best and safe for you. Good luck.

Ted, pace yourself and dont jump into anything without seeing some in person actual results that had similar hairloss as yours. It would be great if some nonclinic presented patients are willing to show you how it looks in person as well. See if meds work or help you retain and be careful. Your safety is paramount and professionals should perform surgery without adding any extra risks your way. Waiting it out is a good thing.

Honestly, sometimes typing starts to get frustrating, as i couldve sworn, but I really hope you the best in whatever you decide. As you get informed and learn on best ways to proceed, remember a doc should do what is best and safe for you. Good luck.
    I agree 100%. Over 30 & 5 years success on Fin, yet still waiting it out as you said. Thanks man.

I agree 100%. Over 30 & 5 years success on Fin, yet still waiting it out as you said. Thanks man.

Double post. Mods please correct. Thanks.