Threaded View

Default I don't know what to do

Hello,

Shit, where do I start? My name is Sammy. I'm barely 20 years old and experiencing hair loss. My mother's father and brother are both bald; I know that it's male pattern baldness. We're not really close with her side of the family and I actually live with my father's parents. My father is not bald. My grandfather is not bald. Other than my maternal grandfather and uncle (who live on the other side of the country) I don't think I've ever met a bald man. I grew up in San Diego, California which is one of the most beautiful places with some of the most beautiful in the world. (I have literally never seen a bald guy in San Diego) I have an amazing group of friends from high school (all of them are pretty good looking guys;no homo) none of whom are experiencing any signs of this (and probably won't until it's socially acceptable). I love my life, and I think baldness might actually take it from me. I worked hard to have the friends I have, to appeal to girls, and to generally have people have good opinions of me.

And that's the thing I love my life, but if nothing works, I'm probably gonna lose it all. And I can't emphasize enough I worked HARD. It's not that I think I don't deserve this, it's that I think I deserve better than this.

Anyway, I want people to be straight with me about this. I will literally STOP AT NOTHING to save the illusion that I have hair. I would castrate myself (maybe not both balls, but for sure the right one) if I knew it would work. I'm down to do propecia if it means I never have children. Nothing means more to me than this.

That being said, I'm considering skipping all the treatment and going straight to a wig. I feel like this might make the most sense actually because people are less likely to notice it when I'm younger, mostly because they wouldn't believe it's happening in the first place and I also wear a lot of hats. And even if people do notice it, at least over time they may get used to it and accept me for it. I mean, everyone knows John Travolta wears a hair piece and has for years but he's still John Travolta. I also feel like I could maybe get a few of them to trick myself into thinking I'm tricking other people into thinking my hair is growing and getting cut.

I should probably mention that my parents assured me they will also stop at nothing to help me, and are rather wealthy people (really not trying to brag, but this is kinda relevant)

Any advice about this would be awesome! As I said, I don't think I've ever met a bald man in San Diego, but maybe I just didn't notice he was wearing hairpieces or had a transplant. If so, that'd be dope and really make me feel good haha. If you shaved you're head, you're a braver (and probably strait up better) man than me but I just can't do that.

Thank you guys and have a fantastic day! If you're struggling with this you don't deserve it. I bet you are all truly incredible people and nobody deserves this.

Much Love,
    Sammy
    Last edited by willstopatnothing; 02-07-2016 at 12:55 PM. Reason: oh my god so didn't mean to say that